Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Absolutely agree!

There are some members here who can pull off the vintage originals. I am not one of them. Thus, I am all in on a well made repro with gentle pattern adjustments to please today’s expectations (and physiques).

Full disclosure: I never liked how Brando looked in the movie. Talk about sausage casing. A fit like this requires below 10% body fat. Not over 25%…

TBH, they never did me much good, either. Except for Cafe racers. I always loved the way they looked on me and never really liked them too much.

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
Aero Wayfarer
IMG_20240331_105835947~3.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
From here, with photos

Ahh, I see what’s going on here. Those shoulder gussets are completely stretched out and distorting that shoulder measurement. If it wasn’t stretched out it would be 20” resulting in the same one inch differential between the shoulder and chest as my size 38.

Here are the measurements on my size 36. Same 1” shoulder to chest differential with a 20” chest and 19” shoulder. The measurements jump up a half an inch for each size up.

IMG_8388.jpeg
IMG_8389.jpeg

It also has a 21” back length.

What’s interesting is that guys size 40 has a 22” back length and my size 38 has a 23” back length. Maybe my 38 was a “long”.

Our jackets are very similar based on the tape. This TMC is a 38.

Hem is 17.75” or 18.25” smashed flat
Sleeves are 24” measured straight or about 25.25” along the curve
Front length is 24”

That’s where the difference is! Makes sense. The waist is about an inch larger on the TMC compared to the original. That’s why it looked a less V shaped to me.

Btw, the sleeve on my size 38 is 23” - 23.5” so it looks like TMC also made the sleeves a little longer than the originals.

IMG_6071.jpeg

soundwavvves

One of the Regulars
Any toys McCoy US retailers stock the durable ?
Thanks in advance
Such killer looks ! Keep them coming !
I don’t think you’ll be able to find any at a US retailer. They’re made in very small batches and released once a year with a handful of preorders directly on the TMC website (you have to email them bc the forms and payment system are setup for the Japan market) and a couple of stores in Japan who stock a size run or at least did in the past. However, I emailed all the stores I could find who stocked them previously and never heard back from any of them. The next run releases in June so you might be able to pick one up directly from TMC or a Japanese retailer around then.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Most likely, I would always try to pull it down to cover my belt. And I could probadly not zip it up… :rolleyes:
I'm positive you could zip it up but you're right about the body length, it'll be short.

Next time we do a meetup I'll bring a nice vintage jacket that'll fit you perfectly. They do exists :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner