Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

CBI

One Too Many
This doesn't really add to the discussion but I just retired my last pair of vintage/selvedge jeans and have completely gone to the dark side (yet very comfortable side) of stretch jeans and lightweight tech pants (Prana). The comfort factor got the better of me and I got tired of denim dye fading/rubbing on things. Still fun to look though and much cheaper than buying!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
41PdBKu.jpg

19oz double knee

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Ha! Yes I had them cuffed just prior, then got a sudden "revelation" from my youth, peers being called funny names for cuffing thier jeans, such as High-water and flood boy. Typical of a small farming community I suppose. I'll cuff them up again and take some shots Later this week.

Also here is a better close - up of the new belt - can't reccommend this enough!

View attachment 227146

"Have you got water in your basement" is the traditional way of making fun of people with short trousers/high cuffs in my part of the world...

I have to say i like the "Flood pants" / "Flood boy" variations! Thanks.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Yes, it was considered funny where I grew up.

I only wear Selvedge on nice days when I am not going to be doing physical work or be on my knees on the floor a while, which is interesting in and of itself, wearing jeans when not doing physical work. Hum.

Today Duluth Trading Carpenter Jeans, generally these, Wrangler Cowboy cut, or Carhartt jeans on any given day.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I only wear Selvedge on nice days when I am not going to be doing physical work or be on my knees on the floor a while, which is interesting in and of itself, wearing jeans when not doing physical work. Hum.
The irony of this is not lost on me either. Nothing would break a pair of jeans in faster than wearing them while working but what if they cost too much to wear them while working...
I wear Carhartt double knee canvas duck pants at work and I don’t think twice about crawling under a house in them or staining them with caulk or tar.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
62DD63F0-9903-46B8-B560-391C43D1477D.jpeg
B4C7ABE2-5B13-4757-82D2-06E647E8BE39.jpeg
With jeans I fortunately don’t feel any desire to have multiple options. I have one pair of jeans that I wear almost daily until they are ripped to shreds. Then I buy a new pair and repeat. If I had the same approach to jackets it would have saved me a lot of money!

Today I’m once again wearing my Sugar Cane 1947 model that I’ve had for almost 2,5 years now.

View attachment 227463 View attachment 227462 With jeans I fortunately don’t feel any desire to have multiple options. I have one pair of jeans that I wear almost daily until they are ripped to shreds. Then I buy a new pair and repeat. If I had the same approach to jackets it would have saved me a lot of money!

Today I’m once again wearing my Sugar Cane 1947 model that I’ve had for almost 2,5 years now.

Few more patches, some Misfits stencils and your Crust punk jeans are done! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko