Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

Golden age motorcycle clothing hat
BK Duke
PF Flyers
Old Navy shirt & pants
My Dads belt

All awesome! What leather is that Duke made in? Really cool, altogether.

H6zyv6n.jpg

Lol'd. Hard. Though, what on earth possessed you to even click on the photo (and consequently make me do the same). XD

Edward

Bartender
Never understood the ripped up look fad that has overtaken young girls and even many older ladies jeans. It's everywhere and often the more tattered and sliced up, the better. Even some guys are wearing them. They even cost more that the pre-cut up.....

Me neither. I remember it being an in thing among the metal crowd when I did that, and when it was mainstream fashion across the mid-eighties. Never liked it, even as a kid. If my jeans ended up torn and looking like most of the 'pre-distressed' ones they sell in fashion stores, I'd be binning them, not buying them!

Mind you, I feel much the same about the whole nonsense over "fades" and folks never washing their jeans so they "look sick, man" (even as they wonder why the crotch has rotted out....).

If ever I worry we've disappeared down the rabit hole over denim here, I have a looksee over at Style Forum. Those guys tkae it to a new level - recently, I read someone asking how to remove the leather logo patch and stitching on the rear pockets of a pair of jeans because he wanted "people to focus on the fades ... not the logo." There are no words...

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Wearing the unfortunately named Nudie Sleepy Sexton today in black. All their models have...unique names. Most cuts are not meant for adults. The sexton, steady eddie, and dude dan are. The sexton have a true mid waist, room in the thighs, and taper a bit but stay wide enough to fit over boots. This cut’s sizing is really off and you need to drop 2 sized from your normal. I found a super good deal on them on Amazon.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
F795BC5C-E597-4BEA-81BD-70298F3EAB55.jpeg
18AA394D-4289-4546-87FC-8010DEB0A422.jpeg
Just took delivery of these Wrangler cowboy cut jeans. Sadly not available in Europe (that I could find at least), but found these on amazon.

Real nice and stiff, true high waist. I have a feeling I have found the jeans that I will stick with for a long time. I can see myself buying another pair when these are worn out in 2-3 years.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Me neither. I remember it being an in thing among the metal crowd when I did that, and when it was mainstream fashion across the mid-eighties. Never liked it, even as a kid. If my jeans ended up torn and looking like most of the 'pre-distressed' ones they sell in fashion stores, I'd be binning them, not buying them!

Mind you, I feel much the same about the whole nonsense over "fades" and folks never washing their jeans so they "look sick, man" (even as they wonder why the crotch has rotted out....).

If ever I worry we've disappeared down the rabit hole over denim here, I have a looksee over at Style Forum. Those guys tkae it to a new level - recently, I read someone asking how to remove the leather logo patch and stitching on the rear pockets of a pair of jeans because he wanted "people to focus on the fades ... not the logo." There are no words...

Hilarious! Folks seem to have too much $$$ and time on thier hands it seems...

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
^^ Wrangler Cowboy Cut --
These exact jeans "non prewashed" are $23.99 at our local Farm Store. 5 minuite drive away. I own a few pair and they have outlasted many other pair of jeans costing much more.

After wearing them for half a day now I can tell that they are on par with (if not superior to) all of the super expensive Japanese stuff that I’ve tried. Nice sturdy denim and a great fit. I don’t think I’ll ever spend big bucks on jeans now that I’ve found these ones.

I didn’t get them as cheap because of shipping and toll fees, but still waaaaay cheaper than my old sugar cane jeans.

Reactions: Dav
After wearing them for half a day now I can tell that they are on par with (if not superior to) all of the super expensive Japanese stuff that I’ve tried. Nice sturdy denim and a great fit. I don’t think I’ll ever spend big bucks on jeans now that I’ve found these ones.

I didn’t get them as cheap because of shipping and toll fees, but still waaaaay cheaper than my old sugar cane jeans.

Wrangler's got really good jeans. I tried a pair recently, when the malls were still open, just nothing inferior about them. I really do love the Norse Projects I got, though. Best pair of jeans I ever owned and I've got Iron Hearts collecting dust on the shelf just next to me.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Scott steerhide collared 441PP today for the start of our autumn. Max temp 21C today ( last Saturday was 37C !)
At our usual pull up coffee stop. Just had a rather heavy ( and not forecast until the afternoon !) shower.
Oily glassy sea , apparently the worst time for shark attack so as usual we stayed out of the water haha..
The Schott 441PP has a zip out fleece liner , zipped sleeves and three outside zippered pockets. Rare size 44"
Made in the early 90's for the Japanese market as far as I can make out. Ex-ebay UK to me a few years back.
I wear this as a "winter" jacket hence this being it's first Fedora lounge appearance.
Boots today are Lucchese Classic Ropers, US made , in "Smooth calf".
Jeans are Australian made Levi 604 zip fly. (As mentioned before , no longer made sadly !)
Schott 441PP at Scarboro.jpg

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 228309 View attachment 228310 Just took delivery of these Wrangler cowboy cut jeans. Sadly not available in Europe (that I could find at least), but found these on amazon.

Real nice and stiff, true high waist. I have a feeling I have found the jeans that I will stick with for a long time. I can see myself buying another pair when these are worn out in 2-3 years.

Yip, just discovered them myself this time last year; picked up a second pair at Christmas. I wish these were available in the UK, though as you say even with shipping and taxes they're a fraction of the price of anything comparable in the UK. Mine came to, from memory, £30 all in - and this at a time when the pound is still at a historic low against the dollar. Still trying to catch a black pair in my size with my preferred 36 or 38" inside leg. (I only 'need' 32, but I like a decent cuff. ;) ). They remind me of the occasional bargains you can still find in workwear that hasn't changed for seventy or eighty years, sold as practical workwear rather than Trendy Vintage Style!

Wrangler won't sell anything to the UK from its own website, presumably because they have UK / EU representation.... but fortunatley they don't seem to cut us off from buying on Amazon.

I'm tmepted to try one of their jackets next, probalby have to be the Cowboy cut one. I really like the 121Mj design, but unfortunately they've seen fit to totally ruin the proportions of the original by adding about four inches to its length. Looks AWFUL as a result.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
239F9BCF-908D-4EBB-83BB-638AEEE5FC65.jpeg
Yip, just discovered them myself this time last year; picked up a second pair at Christmas. I wish these were available in the UK, though as you say even with shipping and taxes they're a fraction of the price of anything comparable in the UK. Mine came to, from memory, £30 all in - and this at a time when the pound is still at a historic low against the dollar. Still trying to catch a black pair in my size with my preferred 36 or 38" inside leg. (I only 'need' 32, but I like a decent cuff. ;) ). They remind me of the occasional bargains you can still find in workwear that hasn't changed for seventy or eighty years, sold as practical workwear rather than Trendy Vintage Style!

Wrangler won't sell anything to the UK from its own website, presumably because they have UK / EU representation.... but fortunatley they don't seem to cut us off from buying on Amazon.

I'm tmepted to try one of their jackets next, probalby have to be the Cowboy cut one. I really like the 121Mj design, but unfortunately they've seen fit to totally ruin the proportions of the original by adding about four inches to its length. Looks AWFUL as a result.

It was actually one of your old posts that first got me looking at these. I decided that when the time came to switch to a new pair I would give the Wranglers a try. I’m really glad that I did!

Totally agree about their current take on the 121mj, they look awfully long. 26-27 inches maybe? Vintage examples seem to be easy to find rather cheap (actually surprised they’re not more expensive, considering that Brad Pitt wore one in Once upon a time in Hollywood last year) on eBay though, and those are short. Like 22 inches on a size 40, as they should be.

Edward

Bartender
Hilarious! Folks seem to have too much $$$ and time on thier hands it seems...

I laugh, though in full awareness that I can be exactly the same! Though where the lost me was in caring what other people thought. I mean only an ignoramus doesn't play the game and recognise that sometimes you have to dress to expectations, but outside of dresscodes and occasions where decorum demands, who honestly cares two hoots what somebody else thinks when they look at yer jeans? I'm enormously a vain old peacock, but I do it for me, not other people!

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 229003

It was actually one of your old posts that first got me looking at these. I decided that when the time came to switch to a new pair I would give the Wranglers a try. I’m really glad that I did!

Totally agree about their current take on the 121mj, they look awfully long. 26-27 inches maybe? Vintage examples seem to be easy to find rather cheap (actually surprised they’re not more expensive, considering that Brad Pitt wore one in Once upon a time in Hollywood last year) on eBay though, and those are short. Like 22 inches on a size 40, as they should be.

Some denim jackets I'm seeing these days are loser 29", which is absurd if it's not a chorecoat...

Some denim jackets I'm seeing these days are loser 29", which is absurd if it's not a chorecoat...

Yeah, some of the makers today seriously need to step back and take a good, long look at what is it they're trying to achieve. I mean, I always thought it's very obvious all the cosmetic details of the trucker jacket are centered around it being very short. The jackets look strange even at 26", let alone more.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 228309 View attachment 228310 Just took delivery of these Wrangler cowboy cut jeans. Sadly not available in Europe (that I could find at least), but found these on amazon.

Try to avoid washing with optical brightener detergents as they make the blue go a lurid blueberry shade. I used to get these 4 at a time from Sheplers in the USA. They cost aroudn $27. Even with import tax and postage they are still cheaper than one new pair of decent jeans here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana