What jeans are you wearing today ?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Alexlutov, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Raul

Raul Familiar Face

Today I wear my just bought Lee 101 Rider (premium european series) they have a slim cut, the website says based on a vintage block from the 60s. The denim is a sanforized 13 3/4 left hand japanese twill (lot #49) that is dyed with 13 dips of indigo, and has a bleu line selvage. It's manufactured in Italy, definitely an added plus. The denim is very rigid and stiff and it seems it will require a good work to break-in, it's stiffer than current dry 501 LVCs, it's like the denim I remember in my vintage Lee 200 when I bought them deadstock in 1975. My first impression is very positive, quality wise I don't find it inferior to the old japanese archives I own, I like the slim cut, the only thing that I don't like is the leather back patch, why don't use the classic Lee patch that they still use in the non-premium line?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Bfd70, handymike, MoFo and 10 others like this.
  2. Monitor

Monitor

To add insult to injury, I've not only been wearing these skinny-fit Nudie Jeans for the last month but Nudies with 2% elastane. Worst part, I love 'em. Oh, and in case anyone wonders, stretch jeans don't seem to stretch.

Hey, at least they're Nudies and not Zara.

[​IMG]

navetsea and El Marro like this.
  3. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

The horror.

4. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible A-List Customer

IH 666 UHR 23Oz

643F2B90-82D1-4850-BF98-4F291F3BCE8A.jpeg

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  5. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

I got a new shorts in Jog-Denim, it's really good! I just like this soft Denim more and more, the older I get! :D

I have no clue, if it's just the polyester-part or maybe a special weave-procession on the twill, what make Jog-Denim so good.

Attached Files:

6. Monitor

Monitor

Yeah, thanks for this, buddy.

torfjord, Mich486 and marker2037 like this.
  7. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Please mark your comment with smiley, if it's sarcasm.

8. Logician

Logician One of the Regulars

Strong Guy - Solid Black Selvedge
    A Solid Black Selvedge 13oz black Japanese selvedge denim. 101061616-FOLDED_1600x.jpg 101061616-FRONT_1600x.jpg 101061616-BACK_1600x.jpg

AeroFan_07, navetsea, Fonzie and 2 others like this.
  9. JustinW

JustinW Practically Family

Gustin straight leg. These are about 7-8 years old, but I have plenty more in this fit in various colors, weights and fades.
    1158B49C-B9A8-4ACA-9805-924A8B6C443C.jpeg

10. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Cool nice normal looking fades through longer time. I like this kind of fading.

JustinW likes this.
  11. Edward

Edward Bartender

I'm in Dickies today, but might break out the denim for the first time in a few weeks on Friday. Saw some nice looking black jeans in, of all places, my local Sainsburys recently, but I'm wary of the waist being too low (curse this infernal trend of the last thirty years of calling it a "waistband" when it actually sits four inches below the natural waist!), and the legs, although they claim to be straight cut, are definitely well narrow. More Danny Zuko than Johnny Strabler...

12. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

here too straight leg are just slim fit with less taper from knee to ankle still somewhat tapered just less,I also choose straight leg but down sized not the most comfortable first few weeks sometime months but when finally it stretched out after a month or two wearing it , the hip doesn't get all too flared out since I down sized it and the ankle balance out the little flare on the hip and doesn't end up looking carrot shaped.

JustinW likes this.
  13. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

dudewuttheheck and JustinW like this.
  14. roadking04

roadking04 Practically Family

@Jin431, Just wondering if you received your Bravestar jeans yet. I noticed you had some salvage jeans on in the boot thread. I didn't want to hijack the thread. I was curious about your thoughts?

edit: Sorry Jin, I just got caught up with the WJAYWT thread. I see you talk about your denim in there. I am all in on raw denim. I really can't see buying regular Levi's again.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  15. Edward

Edward Bartender

TBH, I've heard this term "mom jeans" a lot on the US end of the interwebs, but I've never for the life of me been able to figure out what it meant. As near as I could make out, it was intended as an insult and seemed to be aimed at anything with a waistband that actually reached close to as high as the natural waist of the wearer, especially if they tucked in their top half...? We've had the occasional poster sneer at such things here, of all places, over the years, but that's how it goes.

I remember when stretch denim first appeared in men's jeans in the eighties. You kids might not recall a time before that, but for those of us who wore jeans in the Joey-Ramone drainpipe mould before stretch, it made all the difference in the world. It doesn't seem to take much elasteen content to give them the stretch, if memory serves. (I've not worn stretch drainpipes since I hung up my RiffRaff tails in exchange for Frank'n'Furter's heels in 2005...) It'snot something I'd welcome in my jeans these days, but then I don't exactly needit in the wider leg I now prefer. The ones in that photo look very narrow to me (if not quite drainpipes), but it could be the angle too.

16. casechopper

casechopper My Mail is Forwarded Here

Gustin Okayama Standards (a few sizes too big now but still wearable IMO).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

They look great. Both the wear and the fit of them.

18. abone2010

abone2010 One of the Regulars

My two pairs of Bravestar in 21.5oz. The first are 4 or 5 years old, a few soaks. The second are 4 months and just had their first soak.
    I’ve 7 pairs of Bravestar and don’t have any incentive to look anywhere else. Great value for raw denim.
    The heavyweights are my fav. I also have their double black in 21.5oz.

86A5FACA-E580-44C8-8ED0-DA830CD3D939.jpeg 40C4A806-AF7F-41D1-9E2E-CEC2544EBCF7.jpeg

JMax, Fonzie, handymike and 2 others like this.
  19. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

navetsea and JustinW like this.