Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of jacket is this ?

SteveZ

One of the Regulars
While exploring the web for deals on jackets, I ran across a coat that its military designation number was a total mystery to me.

Its called a CWU 99E. Kinda looks like a MA1 but with a cotton shell and a different look to its external pockets.

Was there such a jacket that actually existed in our armed forces or is this the clever imagination of a jacket designer ? Sorta like the G8 jacket I was informed that really doesnt exist along with the USS Forrestal type G1 that I see advertised in some web sites ?

Web research on this jacket has provided no clues. Im inclined to think that this jacket wasnt really a military issue. Dont get me wrong though. Its not a bad looking jacket design with a washed vintage look but Im stumped on the garments background.

HOW BOUT IT EXPERTS ? STEVE Z

Cocker

Practically Family
As far as I can see, this jacket never existed, it's a cheap jacket branded by Rothco with a military vibe and name.

SteveZ

One of the Regulars
Your probably right. I was in the USAF and never heard of this jacket designation number. However, I never paid that much attention to our armed forces issue flight gear either other that what I was personally wearing at the time so many years ago. Heck, Im still learning things from the FL forums. Thanx Cocker !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner