Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What kind of wallet?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I lost my wallet this weekend*, so I need to get a replacement. I used to have a small metal business card case with a decorative enamel panel on the front with a woman a-la-Rosie the Riveter. I had it for eight years - bought it at Camp Hollywood the first year I went. I don't remember who I bought it from, but I know it was the last one she had. I want something similar to my old case - with a vintagey feel to it. I've poked around a bit online, but haven't really seen anything that strikes me as The One.

What kind of wallet do you use?

(*license, proof of car insurance, debit card, credit card, corporate credit card, and medical insurance card all gone.... :mad:)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im sorry you lost your wallet!! That is the hardest thing to level once its gone!

I proudly used a Vinnie's Tampon Case (back when they were canvas). But now I have a plain old Clare's wallet. They are cheap, and come in a myriad of colors, styles. Some are even vintagy.

LD

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I'm sorry about your wallet! That's the worst!! I've lost and had mine stolen at least 3 times. :rage: I hate it!

If what your talking about is what I'm thinking of, Daddy-o's has some similar type of cases/wallets.
http://www.daddyos.com/retro/access.html

I actually just upgraded my wallet from an old man's wallet (it was old, not the man..lol ) to a new wallet. Actually I got two, and the one I like best is useful as a wallet/clutch! I can even fit my phone and ipod in there.. Yippee!

The first one is a red leather tri fold wallet with tattoo style flash emroidered on it.

But my new favorite (wallet/clutch) is from Loungefly, it is a checkbook wallet, has lots of card holders, an attached coin purse inside and is leather on the inside with fabric on the outside and embroidered as well. Nautical, very cute. Even my husband liked it, which is saying a lot!

Hope you find something you like!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I feel a bit helpless without my wallet. I spent the last of my cash earlier this week, my car is almost on empty, and the bank is closed tomorrow because of MLK day. I might have to spend the laundry quarters to get to work. :eusa_doh:

Red, that's it! That's the one I had (Trommer's Beer), but it is sold out. I think I will take this as a sign to do something new....

I found a site that has a Celtic knot design (my tattoo is a claddaugh, so that would suit my Irish-ness) on a case. What do you think of it?

celtic_business_case_fcss

Perhaps a forest green or pink instead of the red in this one:

irish_celtic_case

This one isn't my style but I think it has a deco feel (or an abstract squid feel):

black_retro_deco_case

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Babydoll said:
I feel a bit helpless without my wallet. I spent the last of my cash earlier this week, my car is almost on empty, and the bank is closed tomorrow because of MLK day. I might have to spend the laundry quarters to get to work. :eusa_doh:

Red, that's it! That's the one I had (Trommer's Beer), but it is sold out. I think I will take this as a sign to do something new....

I found a site that has a Celtic knot design (my tattoo is a claddaugh, so that would suit my Irish-ness) on a case. What do you think of it?

celtic_business_case_fcss

Perhaps a forest green or pink instead of the red in this one:

irish_celtic_case

This one isn't my style but I think it has a deco feel (or an abstract squid feel):

black_retro_deco_case

:eek: :D Wow! I have never seen any like that before! They are very cool, I LOVE the Celtic knot design! and You are right the other one does have a Deco feel to it!
The green in the Knot would be beautiful. Even the silver one is beautiful!

Oh man, it sucks, it was a crappy time to lose your wallet. I hope the bad luck of the wallet ends for you today! And I say go for one of those new ones!;)

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Ugh, I'm sorry about losing your wallet! That happened to me in the fall...it was awful!

My wallet isn't very vintage-y, but I like it because it holds everything (dollars, change, cards and ID) together in one place. The outside of it is canvas with pink, beige and brown zig-zaggy stripes, and the inside is a cream faux leather. It has a little coin purse in the center that you can snap out if you wish. It's from a brand called LuLu, and I got it at TJ Maxx.

My last wallet was really cute, but didn't have a place to hold cards! It was a double-compartment coin purse (one large compartment, one small compartment attached) -- orange, with white polka dots. Super cute, but not so practical, sadly!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
~*Red*~ said:
:eek: :D Wow! I have never seen any like that before! They are very cool, I LOVE the Celtic knot design! and You are right the other one does have a Deco feel to it!
The green in the Knot would be beautiful. Even the silver one is beautiful!

Oh man, it sucks, it was a crappy time to lose your wallet. I hope the bad luck of the wallet ends for you today! And I say go for one of those new ones!;)

The website where I found that case has other cool stuff - like an art deco styled light switch cover.

artdeco_switchplate_covergb

http://www.kyledesigns.com/category/11_home_decor.1_switchplates/

~*Red*~

Practically Family
SO MUCH COOL STUFF!! Wow! Wait until my hsuabnd sees al the cool celtic stuff.. I see some puchases in our future! All the Art Deco stuff is amazing!
Thanks for sharing this Babydoll!!:D

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Miss Brill said:
I don't carry a wallet--I put cards & money in the zippered pockets in my purses. Most wallets are too big to fit in my vintage bags anyway. I do like little coin purses though.

I agree. I don't like wallets as they're far too big for most of my bags and I don't have a million cards so I much prefer coin purses. As you've mentioned when the bag is too small even for the purse then I use the little zipped pocket. It saves so much space that way.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I'm sorry to hear that, it's always such a hassle to lose inportant cards and papers:eusa_doh:

I use a Trophy Queen wallet my sister bought me for Christmas last year, it's sparkly silver and made out of vintage car vinyl

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I just ordered the replacement. I did get one with the Celtic knot design, but it's big enough to hold 20 cards and other stuff. I'll get it next week. :)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Babydoll said:
I just ordered the replacement. I did get one with the Celtic knot design, but it's big enough to hold 20 cards and other stuff. I'll get it next week. :)

Yay! That one is so nice! Which color did you get?

oh and CanadaDoll, I *heart* Trophy Queen!! I have one of her purses, It's one of my most used and faves!

jayem

A-List Customer
Oh man, I'm so sorry about losing your wallet! That happened to me once, so I canceled all my cards, ordered new of everything... only to find it later that spring next to my porch steps. I guess I dropped it in the snow :rolleyes:

For the last two years, I've been using a white faux-leather quilted over sized coin purse as my wallet. It's meant to be a wallet, but holds all my credit cards, IDs, cash... even has room for another ity-bity coin purse to fit inside! I got it at Nordstrom's, you can find some very cute vintage-looking stuff there, albeit, it's expensive.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
~*Red*~ said:
Yay! That one is so nice! Which color did you get?

oh and CanadaDoll, I *heart* Trophy Queen!! I have one of her purses, It's one of my most used and faves!

Yay for Trophy Queen!!!!!! They are just great, and the stiching is so strong, I really beat mine up:eek: but it's still gorgeous:D

I'm glad you found a replacement wallet Babydoll:)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Babydoll said:
(*license, proof of car insurance, debit card, credit card, corporate credit card, and medical insurance card all gone.... :mad:)

(Shielding my eyes but overhearing something I feel I must comment on after accidentally straying into the powder room...) One of the best pieces of advice my attorney ever gave me was to periodically photocopy all the cards and pieces of ID in my wallet (front & back). Then if said wallet's every stolen or missing, I have all or at least most of the important data that was in it, like issuer and card number, and (from the backside usually) I have the number to call to report it missing. I know if I ever had to sit down, in an emergency when I found the wallet missing, and then list every card & card number from memory or lay my hands on the info, I'd sure miss one or two. Doing the copying takes all of a minute or two max. Just deal them out onto the copier glass like deal cards for poker, close the lid, push COPY, flip 'em over, close the lid, push COPY, and there you have it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner