Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Made You Laugh Today?

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
I miss some of the "daily smiles" sort of threads (for good deeds, good news, etc), so who's up for trying a new idea? I find plenty to make me laugh conducting on passenger trains... give them time, and the general public will invariably do something to make you smile.

Today's bit of crowdsourced comedy, from outside the ticket booth after the train's return:

A boy, about 12, is talking with his father about cell phones. He didn't really want one, but was kidding about it. The dad delivers the logical line of "You don't need one. Anyway, who're you going to call?"

About half a dozen unrelated strangers standing around the booth all turn and say "Ghostbusters!" :D

So, what unexpected thing made you laugh today?

-Steven

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This headline on the BBC website made me smile - I grabbed a screenshot before they changed it...

283760101509476468217155215489-L.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I miss some of the "daily smiles" sort of threads (for good deeds, good news, etc), so who's up for trying a new idea? I find plenty to make me laugh conducting on passenger trains... give them time, and the general public will invariably do something to make you smile.

Today's bit of crowdsourced comedy, from outside the ticket booth after the train's return:

A boy, about 12, is talking with his father about cell phones. He didn't really want one, but was kidding about it. The dad delivers the logical line of "You don't need one. Anyway, who're you going to call?"

About half a dozen unrelated strangers standing around the booth all turn and say "Ghostbusters!" :D

So, what unexpected thing made you laugh today?

-Steven

Haha! That's awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80