Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What makeup are you wearing today?

rue

Today I went by MAC to check out their new Style Driven line, and I tried on the pro longwear lipglass in Driven by Love. The artist told me it would last for 7 hours, which is pretty impressive for a gloss. It was a bit troublesome to apply, but doggone if it isn't staying on!

I drank coffee, and no smear. I mashed my coat into my face getting out of my car, and it was unaffected. I didn't have a human handy to kiss, so I smooched my cat's face, and it stayed on! Whaddya know? :D It's not a powerful red, but it's quite lovely, and feels totally normal:

Lippy001.jpg

We'll see how difficult it is to take off, but so far, it's very choice. If you happen by MAC, I highly recommend trying it out.

You are such a doll!!! :)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
My makeup is so boring each day so I'm not even going to bother to post it today. Same thing as usual - L'Oreal True Match compact, Coty Airspun, MAC Painterly, Lorac auburn pencil, Julie Hewett Film Noir, blah blah blah. lol But in other exciting news, I picked these up last night at Half Price Books:

vo7wo1.jpg

Not glowing reviews on Amazon, but I actually found them pretty interesting. The hairstyles book uses more modern techniques - curling iron instead of pincurls, etc. Some of the hairstyles are not really authentic, but more "close enough to pass for period" type looks. The makeup book is nice, it has some detailed information on basic things like contouring & highlighting that I found helpful. Overall, both books are pretty basic if you already know a good amount about makeup & hair. They both go through many eras, from prehistoric, Victorian, Edwardian, 30s-40s, up through the 80s and 90s. For $10 each I figured I'd take the plunge.

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Oh thanks C-dot, i don't own a red gloss, so i may well have to put that on my enormous list of 'makeup i will buy one day when my ship comes in'!

Me too. I've already decided that the best solution to my financial situation is to win the lottery. :rolleyes:

You are such a doll!!! :)

Thanks darling :eek:

For $10 each I figured I'd take the plunge.

At that cheap you can't really go wrong. I love books like that, even if I'm reading stuff I already know lol

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ Totally. For $10 it is worth it just for the pictures.

Me too. I've already decided that the best solution to my financial situation is to win the lottery. :rolleyes:

Or just be like me and buy it anyway, and then wonder why you have an entire cabinet full of unopened "backup" makeup that will probably last the rest of your natural life. lol

Miss sofia

One Too Many
photo.php

Went for a thirties look today, i.e not my usual load of black eyeliner and pretty nude eyes. 'Scuse the barnet as i hadn't even taken out my pincurls at that point and ended up leaving them in all day at work, lazy mare!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I must use photobucket, (thanks for the compliment though, you're sweet). It was a little strange going out without the black liner. It must be the first time in a decade!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hell, i turn round and go home if i don't have earrings on. I mean i'd keep walking if i forgot a shoe!:eusa_doh: I guess you just get into a routine, well i do with the old slap. I always went for a more fifties look, but lately, thanks to the inspiration from all the other gals, i have tried to branch out a bit.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
No me neither! I don't know how Rue managed it! I downloaded from facebook, but something went awry. You're not missing much!!

I just got sorted on Photobucket, so there is a pic, albeit a bit poor quality on the '1930's and long hair thread.

x

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
If I go out without mascara or powder, I feel naked. I haven't worn eyeliner in so long I can't remember when - my allergies have been awful this year and my eyes water so much, it just runs off. I had to switch to hardcore waterproof mascara just so I don't look like a raccoon by 3 PM. lol

Well I was in a hurry today because I was running super late, so I'm wearing the bare minimum:
Foundation/powder - Lancome Dual Finish powder in Matte Porcelaine I
Eyes - Lorac Auburn brow pencil, MAC Painterly paint pot, Ulta Amped Lashes waterproof mascara
Lips - C.O. Bigelow rose salve

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Today -

Foundation: L'Oreal True Match compact in W1
Powder: Coty Airspun in translucent extra coverage
Brows: Lorac pencil in auburn
Eyes: MAC Painterly paint pot, L'Oreal Shroom Shimmer eyeshadow, Cover Girl Cafe au Lait shadow palette, Ulta Amped Lashes waterproof mascara
Cheeks: Cover Girl French Toast Cheekers blush
Lips: Julie Hewett Film Noir lipstick

Esme

One of the Regulars
Yesterday: Moisturizer (Sunday!)

Today for work -

Powder: Coty Airspun - translucent (I have a box that belonged to my mom!)
Brows: Revlon brown brow pencil
Eyes: NYC Curly Mascara
Some red lipstick that didn't last past my first coffee, that I then replaced with cherry chapstick because I have chapped lips due to a head cold
That's it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails