Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What modern invention/innovation do you wish had *never* been developed?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Political correctness, in the way that it has completely corrupted how we do just about everything these days. It's good to nice and pleasant, but today's PC atmosphere is over-the-top.

I wish hippies were never invented. They have done much to lead to the degradation of society.

The advent of the popular use of videotape by consumers is the genesis of what we are experiencing today in the cell phone/texting/facebook/instant information age. When we went from having to wait a few days to have photographs and films developed to having them available to us instantly, the genesis of instant gratification was spawned. From that point, it was how can we make it faster/easier for how many more forms of communication.

Flashheart

New in Town
Beer that contains more chemicals and fizz than real ingredients, shopping malls that have killed off the old high streets and their independent shops, and 'celebrity culture' whereby people with no apparent talent become rich and famous.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Oooh I can't STAND Political Correctness. And I make no efforts to be politically correct. Ever. People have become far too oversensitive about that stuff.

YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE.

Don't bother trying.

That's all Political correctness is.

Haven't these people heard of the story of the man, his boy, and the donkey?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Beer that contains more chemicals and fizz than real ingredients, shopping malls that have killed off the old high streets and their independent shops, and 'celebrity culture' whereby people with no apparent talent become rich and famous.

Plus a few on this Flashheart. I truly wish that everyone would stick to the old German Beer Purity law limiting ingredients to water, malted barley, hops and yeast.

Lager on

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Oooh I can't STAND Political Correctness. And I make no efforts to be politically correct. Ever. People have become far too oversensitive about that stuff.

YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE.

Don't bother trying.

That's all Political correctness is.

Haven't these people heard of the story of the man, his boy, and the donkey?

Probably not Shangas unless it comes on that new Kindle thing?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
No idea if this is an innovation or not, but I can't stand that all the musical genres have pretty much morphed into one terrible "genre" -- which is basically the same terrible song over and over.

I do like country music to sound county. The 1970s was the best decade for country and I'll accept most of it up until about the early-mid 90s when it began to go "pop." Even "Achy Breaky Heart" has a great country sound to it (I have no shame for my love of this song!)

I do not like that hip-hop has invaded all genres, including metal. Yuck. Popular music began to leave me in the dust sometime in the late 1990s -- exactly when I got into vintage. As someone who really loves music (all kinds) and craves variety, I do not like the current homogenization of crap popular music. There are a few decent acts out today, but they aren't mainstream. Mainstream radio music is what grosses me out most now. ICK! Ok, I do like Lady Gaga, though. Some of her songs are terrible radio drivel, but some of the songs on her albums that don't get played are actually pretty great! I try everything! :D

That last bit sounded hipster-y...lol But it's true!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters