Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What shoes do you wear with your trousers?

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
I have a very serious aversion to high-heeled shoes; I can wear low wedges, but most of the time I’m in oxfords or flats.

Today I’m wearing trousers with a pair of Remix wedges, but in the winter, I’m a little strapped. Last winter I wore 40s oxfords with a lower, fat heel, which didn’t bother me, but I’d prefer a flatter heel. I’ve seen old photos of women in wide-legged trousers, with socks and loafer-type shoes, but I’ve never actually seen a pair of 40s loafers.

Any ideas?

This photo is on ebay. What is she wearing?

U0728.JPG

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
For casual wear, I generally wear wedges with my trousers (but we really don't have winter here :rolleyes:)

In addition to these options, women also wore low- and wedge-heeled loafer (slip-on or lace-up)and 'granny' shoes, as in the photo you posted. I have seen them turn up on eBay (there is a cute buy-it-now pair up right now for someone with a smaller foot):
40er18.jpg

40er12.jpg

49er2.jpg

49er6.jpg

30er17.jpg

30er16.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh, Im very anti heel myself. I dont like anything over 2" and I dont have any types of pumps because I cant FIND anything under 2 1/2" that are cute.

I have a pair of canvis oxfords with brown trim from PF flyers :). They are super cute and I do the 50 skirt with bobbie sock thang often.
vinnshoes.jpg

(second pair down)

A basic clog can work, I guess. I dont like slides, but im sure you could wear those too. Im in the same boat with slacks. I find it hard to get them looking 'vintage' enough.

Good luck,

LD

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jitterbugdoll said:
For casual wear, I generally wear wedges with my trousers (but we really don't have winter here :rolleyes:)

In addition to these options, women also wore low- and wedge-heeled loafer (slip-on or lace-up)and 'granny' shoes, as in the photo you posted. I have seen them turn up on eBay (there is a cute buy-it-now pair up right now for someone with a smaller foot):
40er18.jpg

40er12.jpg

49er2.jpg

49er6.jpg

30er17.jpg

30er16.jpg
Those are such great shoes! Are they yours or just pictures you found on the web.
I have a lot of trouble wearing heels. I can wear wedges, but not too high. Although I do try, I'm so short, I'd do anything to make my legs look longer. But, it's just too painful to wear heels. With pants, I too wear a pair of wedges. If you're looking for comfortable vintage looking heels, Naturalizer is great. They are having a big sale right now too.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
with trousers, I usually always wear the type of shoes as in jitterbug doll's first picture. They look great and have a very classy look. With me, I love high heels and are a must for me! being only a little over 5'1, I try to get as much height as I can get!:p

maisie

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:

I've got a pair like that but in black suede, they are the same style even down to the fancy stitching and little toggles on the laces! They are so comfy so I wear those with trousers.
Also at the military show at the weekend i wore a Hawaiian print tie up blouse with black slacks and my new red remix wedges and they are so comfy, even when walking around a dusty field!!:D

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
Thanks, gals. Those navy and red shoes are adorable, but they'd probably be really uncomfortable.

For years I've been buying granny oxfords on ebay - many of them being dry and cracked, uncomfortable, the wrong size, or just ugly. When will I ever find that perfect pair of flat shoes that go with winter trousers? I have a big collection of 40s and 50s saddle shoes, but sadly, they just look bad with trousers.

Hey LD, do they still sell those PF Flyer oxfords?

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
I have several pairs of ballet flats, which I wear regularly. I wear a lot of 50s clothes, but sometimes I just really want that perfect 40s look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic