Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should I buy: New custom Kelso A2 or Like New Aero/ELC A2?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Somebody help me! Going between a made to order Bill Kelso or a used Aero/ELC for about $100 more...

What should I do guys?? On one hand it's like buying a new vs used car. As soon as you drive off the lot the car is considered used and valued accordingly. However on the other hand, I haven't ever owned a made to order A2 that will be "professionally" tailored, meaning the fit should be perfect vs the sizing gamble with a used...

Damn my indecision...

Pls help!!

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Think you're right. Screw resale value if I'm going to keep it forever, right? Only reason I ever seem to sell my jackets is because thy don't fit "right" whic I can avoid with a new one... I like it :D

Think you're right. Screw resale value if I'm going to keep it forever, right? Only reason I ever seem to sell my jackets is because thy don't fit "right" whic I can avoid with a new one... I like it :D

Exactly. It's not an investment. It's to wear and enjoy.
Good luck!!

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
If you're patient the next days I should receive the pics of my goat Kelso...

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hi bretron;

I would get the Kelso but only in horsehide. Why? Because HH will show more character marks versus the goat. Everytime you look at the HH A-2, you'll see a mark and instantaneously remember how, when and where it got there. Over time your A-2 becomes a road map.......showing past adventures and travels.

Plus, horsehide is just plain bitchin'. I like goat also, mainly on G-1s. Occasionally I'll see an older goatskin A-2 that grabs my attention but not compared to horsehide A-2s with years of honest wear.

Obviously it's just my opinion. I also understand that Kelso is short of HH at the moment, but to me it would be worth the wait.

Best regards,
coffee

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Im lovin it and gonna slap down my deposit shortly!

Going for one In seal HH with olive drab thread...

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I have been eyeing a Kelso for months now. Passed initially in favor of a used RMNZ Dubow in russet... For the price/reported quality just seems like a no brainier!

I'll definitely share photos and my take on the Kelso once I take receipt.

Cheers, gents! And thx for everyone's two cents.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
LOL! Im actually going to be changing my avatar tonight when I get home at the request of one of the moderators who said it was in poor taste... It's a photo of Coppola on set of Apocalypse Now... A disturbing flick to say the least.

LOL! Im actually going to be changing my avatar tonight when I get home at the request of one of the moderators who said it was in poor taste... It's a photo of Coppola on set of Apocalypse Now... A disturbing flick to say the least.

But brilliant. Love that movie.

cuthbert

One of the Regulars

I disagree! Having read something about the production of that movie I can say the pic represents well his state of mind during that adventure.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
That's what I thought too... Next avatar will have to be Sheen with his war paint!

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
As promised some pics of my goat A-2 next to a WWII M-422 and the sampel M-422 they are making:

a2goat60pct.jpg

Othe pics of the M-422, which came out very well for what I see, even if Andy says the colour of the goat is wrong and my jacket will be like the A-2...what the experts think about it?

42260pct.jpg

Last edited:

Aether

One of the Regulars
I'm no expert, but I'm loving the looks of both of those jackets, the grain on your goat A2 is really nice. I quite fancy a M422 and if Kelso can use lovely grainy goatskin like your A2 then I may give them a try. Thanks for the pics.

pjstrass

One of the Regulars
Cuthbert: I would like to start posting some pics...yours are excellent...what camera do you use..do I have any chance of really good pics...showing the grain etc.... with a Nikon Coolpix L2 digital which only cost $88. at Watmart ? Thanks....would also appreciate anyone else's advice .

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Cuthbert: I would like to start posting some pics...yours are excellent...what camera do you use..do I have any chance of really good pics...showing the grain etc.... with a Nikon Coolpix L2 digital which only cost $88. at Watmart ? Thanks....would also appreciate anyone else's advice .

Ahahaa these aren't my pics! My pics are awful, as everybody here can witness...these are Andy's pics, I haven't received the jacket yet...

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Cuthbert, awesome jackets indeed! Congrats! Hopefully they ship the A2 soon... I want a full report;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran