Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What time period would you live in, and where, if you had to for one year?

What time period would you live in?

• Total voters
Fellers I was in Ybor city about six years ago...right in the old heart of Tampa's cigar industry and there are still masters rolling private label cigars in front of the tobacconists shop. Some of them are old men who made the in Havana in the day.

I was born and raised in Tampa, near Ybor City, and go back whenever I can. Ybor has changed drastically since I was a kid, from a real neighborhood, to a nightlife spot full of bars and clubs. But the cigars are still there. Lots of small cigar shops, hand rollers, etc. In this day and age of smoking bans and dirty looks, Tampa is a cigar haven.

If you ever happen to be in Tampa you'll enjoy darting into Ybor. The first of a series of family owned eateries called The Columbia House is located there. It had the first air conditioned room in Florida. Today it is the bar...and it is the original bar from the 1920s.

It's also famous for coffee.

The Columbia Restaurant. It opened in 1905, and added the air conditioning in the 1930's. It's a beautiful place. I think the original 1905 bar was moved to a different location, but the original dining room is still there and open:

gal_ybor_01.jpg

This is my favorite dining room, opened in 1937:

pic_ybor_02.jpg

I could have listened to that girl read a box of corn flakes and found it interesting.

Indeed. I've known women like that.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
[video=youtube_share;oShTJ90fC34]http://youtu.be/oShTJ90fC34[/video]

Wishbook?! For the 1970s it was a nightmare book. lol lol

Maybe you have a point, some of these shirts are okay to me, but some are down right hideous.
Even having a Guinness Extra Stout doesn't lessen the pain.
Not so bad...
1975shirts.jpg
Worse...
1972shirt.jpg
Hideous...
1976shirt.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The bandana jacket is what floored me.
For a man? Oh he'll be the envy of everyone in the office. :eeek:
Unless of course his coworkers are from a rival gang and those colors make them mad...
I was going to kick it up a notch with the fringed suede jacket.
Fringes are cool for Harley saddle bags, but not for jackets.

The bandana jacket is what floored me.
For a man? Oh he'll be the envy of everyone in the office. :eeek:
Unless of course his coworkers are from a rival gang and those colors make them mad...
I was going to kick it up a notch with the fringed suede jacket.
Fringes are cool for Harley saddle bags, but not for jackets.
You need two Bandana jackets. lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto