Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What time period would you live in, and where, if you had to for one year?

What time period would you live in?

• Total voters

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Archie Bunker; he was based on the English character Alf Garnet I believe from the 1960s 70s series Till death do us part. A series that also starred Cherie Blair's dad Anthony Booth.

newsman

One of the Regulars
If you smoked a cigar that bad...you might just want your shirt to go up and put you out your misery.

newsman

One of the Regulars
Not sure I ever smoked an American cigar. Maybe a Swisher once...but most of the ones I enjoy are from Central America and sometimes some small island off the coast of Florida.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Hmmmm.... I just happen to have a box handy....

You're kidding!

I used to buy them at Davis Cut Rate Tobacco on Lorain Avenue in Cleveland. "Ike" Davis was pushing 90 back in the early '80's. The store had been founded by HIS father in the McKinley days. Used to go through a box of those old "Factory Smokers" every week. Then there were my other favorites, the "Canaria D' Oro", "Joyo de Nicaragua", Partagas "Perfecto" and Hoyo de Monterey Double Cronoas were my favorite weekend and special occasion smokes. Ike had 'em all.

You're kidding!

I used to buy them at Davis Cut Rate Tobacco on Lorain Avenue in Cleveland. "Ike" Davis was pushing 90 back in the early '80's. The store had been founded by HIS father in the McKinley days. Used to go through a box of those old "Factory Smokers" every week. Then there were my other favorites, the "Canaria D' Oro", "Joyo de Nicaragua", Partagas "Perfecto" and Hoyo de Monterey Double Cronoas were my favorite weekend and special occasion smokes. Ike had 'em all.

Well, they might be a little dry now....:p

Joyo de Nicaragua? They are a full bodied smoke. One of my favorites to this day. :p I prefer the Partagas from that Little Island.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
If you smoked a cigar that bad...you might just want your shirt to go up and put you out your misery.
:eusa_clap
I heard a rimshot on that one.

I didn't smoke one of those either James, it's against the law for a kid to smoke, especially a cigar!
As for the shirt, I like some of the styles but not all of them.
How about a pull over shirt in velour? :D
Let me look through the Sears Wishbook and find a few pics of shirts I like.

Not sure I ever smoked an American cigar. Maybe a Swisher once...but most of the ones I enjoy are from Central America and sometimes some small island off the coast of Florida.

Shhhh....don't tell anyone about that last part.

If you're in Florida, you should try some of ones made there, either in Tampa or Miami. They make some pretty good smokes for really good prices.

newsman

One of the Regulars
Shhhh....don't tell anyone about that last part.

If you're in Florida, you should try some of ones made there, either in Tampa or Miami. They make some pretty good smokes for really good prices.

Fellers I was in Ybor city about six years ago...right in the old heart of Tampa's cigar industry and there are still masters rolling private label cigars in front of the tobacconists shop. Some of them are old men who made the in Havana in the day.

If you ever happen to be in Tampa you'll enjoy darting into Ybor. The first of a series of family owned eateries called The Columbia House is located there. It had the first air conditioned room in Florida. Today it is the bar...and it is the original bar from the 1920s.

It's also famous for coffee.

As for the cigars that can't be mentioned...I have an old flame...a lovely blonde Russian girl who manages to get me a few a year.

I could have listened to that girl read a box of corn flakes and found it interesting.

:eusa_clap
I heard a rimshot on that one.

I didn't smoke one of those either James, it's against the law for a kid to smoke, especially a cigar!
As for the shirt, I like some of the styles but not all of them.
How about a pull over shirt in velour? :D
Let me look through the Sears Wishbook and find a few pics of shirts I like.

[video=youtube_share;oShTJ90fC34]http://youtu.be/oShTJ90fC34[/video]

Wishbook?! For the 1970s it was a nightmare book. lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points