Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear with a fedora....

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
if the wedding you are attending is in June you may not want to order custom or order from Australia ... that could have time cutting close to your event.

do you have a hat shop within driving distance ?

if not maybe look on the JJ Hat, DelMonico, and Bencraft sites ... see if there is something you like then call and see if it is physically in stock in your size

with a gray suit you can pretty much wear anything ... but it being a June wedding ... assuming you are not in a very northern state or part of the world ... I think a nice straw would be seasonally appropriate ... or a light colored thin fur felt if you wish to go that route

keep us posted on what you choose

J.benham5

New in Town
I'm not much of a Stetson man, but I was thinking you might want to check out Peters Bros.' hemps. You can get a custom hemp for $150.00 in a range of styles and colors, including black. There's a Peters Bros. thread going on now, as a bunch of us are ordering from them. I've got one in the works to add to the black one I got last summer: Stratoliner-style, red band, and light as a feather. Might be a very cool addition to your wedding ensemble.
Thank you sir.

J.benham5

New in Town
if the wedding you are attending is in June you may not want to order custom or order from Australia ... that could have time cutting close to your event.

do you have a hat shop within driving distance ?

if not maybe look on the JJ Hat, DelMonico, and Bencraft sites ... see if there is something you like then call and see if it is physically in stock in your size

with a gray suit you can pretty much wear anything ... but it being a June wedding ... assuming you are not in a very northern state or part of the world ... I think a nice straw would be seasonally appropriate ... or a light colored thin fur felt if you wish to go that route

keep us posted on what you choose
The wedding will be in CT and mid June. My suit is a charcoal black/dark grayish color with a darkish blue shirt and black and dark blue tie. I feel like the blue shirt and a gray hat would clash.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
The wedding will be in CT and mid June. My suit is a charcoal black/dark grayish color with a darkish blue shirt and black and dark blue tie. I feel like the blue shirt and a gray hat would clash.

those colors combined ... meaning the shirt and suit .. seem a bit dark for a June wedding to me ... but that is just me .
I'm all for wearing whatever whenever though so rock it proud

not sure I recommended a gray hat though ... simply said light colored ...

light colored hats look great with a dark suit

Matt_Deckard.jpg

J.benham5

New in Town
those colors combined ... meaning the shirt and suit .. seem a bit dark for a June wedding to me ... but that is just me .
I'm all for wearing whatever whenever though so rock it proud

not sure I recommended a gray hat though ... simply said light colored ...

light colored hats look great with a dark suit

Matt_Deckard.jpg
Thank you, I will definitely take that into consideration.

KC_Admin

New in Town
Thank you for your attention. Attached is a new hat that I loved. I bought it but I have no idea what to wear with it.

I have black, grey, and two pin-stripped suits (kinda reddish and bluish). I have all sorts of nice shirts. I am a fairly casual dresser, not big on ties. If I wear a jacket, it is usually without a tie.

So what do I do with this navy hat with a red poke-a-dotted ribbon)? I guess there is no rule that the ribbon must math anything, right? Please give me some ideas.

hat.jpeg

Thank you for your attention. Attached is a new hat that I loved. I bought it but I have no idea what to wear with it.

I have black, grey, and two pin-stripped suits (kinda reddish and bluish). I have all sorts of nice shirts. I am a fairly casual dresser, not big on ties. If I wear a jacket, it is usually without a tie.

So what do I do with this navy hat with a red poke-a-dotted ribbon)? I guess there is no rule that the ribbon must math anything, right? Please give me some ideas.

View attachment 62120

Whatever makes you comfortable and feels good for you, KC. You don't have to wear a suit or be too dressy. Check out some of the folks in the What Hat are you Wearing Today thread. You'll see we mix it up pretty good.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

KC_Admin

New in Town
I'm looking at the pictures of some very tough looking hats and arrangements. I'm only worried about the ribbon. Does it have to match something on my outfit? If so, I would have to wear a clown suit. LOL.

I'm sure a tie or maybe even a pocket square would set it off nicely with a jacket. What if I wanted to wear a casual/dress button-up shirt of a solid color? What do you think would work? How would you good folks sport this hat?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Casual and sporty. Greys/blues/black. Contrast with pinks/reds/white/yellows.
Sport shirts/dress shirts/tee's. Black/blue jeans or casual slacks, no pleats. No sport jacket or suit. Prints or solids are fine.
Just sayin.

I'm looking at the pictures of some very tough looking hats and arrangements. I'm only worried about the ribbon. Does it have to match something on my outfit? If so, I would have to wear a clown suit. LOL.

I'm sure a tie or maybe even a pocket square would set it off nicely with a jacket. What if I wanted to wear a casual/dress button-up shirt of a solid color? What do you think would work? How would you good folks sport this hat?

You're overthinking it. That hat would match many combos, including jeans and t-shirt. For my part, I think it's a more casual hat. The style's not a fave of mine, though.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy