Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

celtic

A-List Customer
Dans ma peau (In My Skin)

I was surprised how much this film squicked me out. Could've simply been the mood I was in, but it was probably more the grit, rawness, and realness some of the scenes had.

Not for the squeamish, but I thought it was done extremely well.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Harlan County, USA.
Completely amazing and changed the way I look at documentary film. The music was particularly brilliant; I wanted to immediately call all my musician-type friends and host a Sad-Time Blues Party.

CherryKrissy

Familiar Face
Kermez said:

Great movie!

Today was a double bill for me. I watched Bombshell with Jean Harlow, followed by Singing in the Rain. Two fantastic movies!

I just put on Swing Time but my husband will be home before it's over, so I'll have to fully watch and enjoy some other day

As a side note, I'm looking to buy a bunch of old movies on DVD. I've yet to find them in store, does anybody know a good site to buy them from?

LouieGee

New in Town
'Maverick' with Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster.

(And going a little off topic, I just love that mint green dress she wears when she's leaving after the poker tournament. It's so pretty!)

LouieGee

New in Town
Marv said:
"Knowing" with Nic Cage, not a bad movie but a bit of a miss-match of previous film genres.....better that expected.

That is so weird - one of my friends was watching that film last night! :eek:

I love coincidences... :)

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Spiffy said:
Harlan County, USA.
Completely amazing and changed the way I look at documentary film. The music was particularly brilliant; I wanted to immediately call all my musician-type friends and host a Sad-Time Blues Party.
GREAT documentary! Much of the music was Jean Richie. This was an award winner I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuvier