Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
"Not a typo! Bullshot Cummomd is a send up of "Bulldog Drummond" made in the 1980's this delightful picture is full of daring do, and cunning stunts, against a back drop of tweeds, and quaint English charm.

After finding a Bulldog Drummond novel in an antique bookstore in London, England, which she used as her inspiration, Diz White (who also plays Daphne) conceived a theater spoof entitled BULLSHOT CRUMMOND that she co-wrote, and in which she starred in New York, London and Los Angeles. the talking picture was made in 1983 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChO--5w8DE&feature=related

00238114_.jpg

4139.jpg

bullshot.jpg

Saw "Crummond" on stage in L.A. Constant laughs. Was stoked when film came out; different experience, but fun nonetheless

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Food Inc.

If you are an interested party to the wide subject of American industrialized food production (which I avidly am), then much highlighted (and they cover so much it can only be highlighted) in the documentary isnt new. This movie is a good jumping off point for people who know nothing about what they eat and why.

In a lot of respects, this is the movie I wanted 'Fast Food Nation' to be, but they made that into a 'docu-drama' and it sucked.

The one farmer/owner, Joel Salatin of Pollyface farms who was showcased in The Omnivore's Dilemma, should have a piece done just about his practices and philosophies of man and nature and that relationship we have lost with our food. There is a scene where he and some of his workers are slaughtering chickens, and unless you read that section in Omnivore's Dilemma, you dont fully understand it. The chickens have had a long life, on grass, eating bugs, and doing chicken things, and now its time for them to reciprocate by feeding us.

What new info they did point out was in a passing conversation at an organic products convention, where they highlight some of the products we have know as organic are now owned by the much larger Colgates and Kellogs of the world.

What pulls at you is the blatant forbiddance for farmers to save their own seed. Its broken the spirit of so many farmers in our country.

There needs to be a documentary called 'The United States of Monsanto'. Its scary what they control.

LD

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:
The one farmer/owner, Joel Salatin of Pollyface farms who was showcased in The Omnivore's Dilemma, should have a piece done just about his practices and philosophies of man and nature and that relationship we have lost with our food.

There needs to be a documentary called 'The United States of Monsanto'. Its scary what they control.

I'd see a Salatin movie.

Have you seen The Corporation? It's not just about Mosanto, but the company is discussed.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The movie won me over when they made high fructose corn syrup in their kitchen. I also liked when they went to get their government money for their corn. Those two things you hadent seen at all, and I thought they were rather interesting.

Also the corn they grew in King Corn. Most people I know think you can eat it off the husk, not at all. Its purpose is solely to be processed. So the gov, for the past 40 + years (super conservative estimate) has been helping to pay for a product that only the food companies can use.

LD

Hondo

One Too Many
Two for the Seesaw

An unlikely pair in Robert Mitchum and Shirley MacLaine in this early vehicle.
Still as they say dated, even a bit corny taboos, we all grown out of,
I'm just a early MacLaine fan, so deal me in;)
Musical Broadway version was better, still its a good story, movie.

High Pockets

Practically Family
Bogart and Bacall in To Have and Have Not

Just last night,......what a great movie.

I forgot about Hoagy Carmichael as Crickett! The opportunity to watch him at the piano is worth the price of addmission itself! And Walter Brennan,....what a character actor.

Heck,.....I may watch it again tonight.:)

Hondo

One Too Many
Kit Kittredge: An American Girl

Doctor Strange said:
The Curse of the Jade Scorpion - I thought it was definitely better than its reviews/reputation ("one of his worst"), though not exactly first-class Woody Allen. Beautiful 1940 production design too.

Right, reviews made it seem corny or odd, I thought it was well done, it could have been better without Helen Hunt, (not a fan of hers) but never mind.... also story plot better written, none the less its vintage style, design (clothes & hats!) notice the many older character actors?

I was in a lazy mood the other night and taped (DVR) a liitle flick from HBO movies called " Kit Kittredge: An American Girl" Produced by Julia Roberts the actress?
Stars Abigall Breslin (That Little Ms Sunshine kid) and Joan Cusack (among many other character actors) at her best.
Its a family originated film, very good in design, vintage cars, clothes to boot!
I am not going to be picky (bad lighting) with this film, it was nicely made for the whole family, its not great film but not bad either for HBO, I'm sure audiences with families would enjoy, worth a peek.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
"Tucker: the Man and His Dream" with Jeff Bridges and Joan Allen. A favorite of mine that we have on VHS- good thing too as our two DVD players are on the fritz! Its amazing that at the time the film was made, that 48 of the 50 original Tucker automobiles were still roadworthy.

This time I watched it more carefully for the clothes and hats and cars- wonderful! This film looks like a 40's Norman Rockwell painting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy