Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Have you seen Hoagy in "The Best Years of Our Lives"?

High Pockets said:
Bogart and Bacall in To Have and Have Not

Just last night,......what a great movie.

I forgot about Hoagy Carmichael as Crickett! The opportunity to watch him at the piano is worth the price of addmission itself! And Walter Brennan,....what a character actor.

Heck,.....I may watch it again tonight.:)

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"The Big Store" Marx Brothers classic at the wonderful Cygnet cinema, a fabylous crisp print of this funny movie on the big screen

2061_normal.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qlAI3p-9gE

"Sing While you sell!"

High Pockets

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
Have you seen Hoagy in "The Best Years of Our Lives"?
No ma'am I can't say that I have,......but I have made note of the title and will be on the look out for it.
There are a few videos on YouTube that feature quite a few of his performances, including a couple of them from To Have and Have Not.

Thank-you!:)

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Easy Virtue. It's set in about 1929 or 1930. Although it's a touch melodramatic for my taste, it's still a good period piece none the less. Lots of great clothes, a really slick BMW roadster, and a crumbling English country manor house as the backdrop.

ron521

One of the Regulars
Watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" last night, half the movie seems to be in the Golden Age. Loved seeing Brad on the Indian 101 Scout (although it would have been nearly 20 years old when he was riding it), and the lovely Triumph (a 650 cc Thunderbird from the mid to late 50's I believe), which was correct for the era as a used motorcycle only a few years old. Nice leather jackets as well.
The whole movie had a "Forrest Gump" feel to it, and I mean that in a positive way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR