Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Hondo

One Too Many
JennyLou said:
I love the doors but have never seen that movie. I'll have to check it out.

A word of caution, this is Jim Morrison raw uncensored,
as portrayed by Val Kilmer in the mid and late 1960's.
Morrison set out towards total self destruction at the height of his career,
An under rated Oliver Stone film from 1991. Not sure what to make of Meg Ryan
as Morrisons girlfriend, not believable.
Meg Ryan went from bad girl to good girl in 1995's "Sleepless in Seattle"
Over all Great if not excellent performance by Val Kilmer.

JennyLou

Practically Family
Hondo said:
A word of caution, this is Jim Morrison raw uncensored,
as portrayed by Val Kilmer in the mid and late 1960's.
Morrison set out towards total self destruction at the height of his career,
An under rated Oliver Stone film from 1991. Not sure what to make of Meg Ryan
as Morrisons girlfriend, not believable.
Meg Ryan went from bad girl to good girl in 1995's "Sleepless in Seattle"
Over all Great if not excellent performance by Val Kilmer.
Thanks.

Djupis

One of the Regulars
Saw the original The Italian Job halfway through last night. Very amusing, looking forward to seeing the rest tonight.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"LILI MARLEEN" Fassbinders movie in English from the 1980's

frontsmall4.jpeg

Panache

A-List Customer
Without a Clue

Reasonably funny comedy about Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson with an amusing twist on the duo.

We should be getting The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother today through Netflix

After watching a few seasons of the Jeremy Brett television series we thought it was time for a lighter look at the boys from Baker Street.

Cheers

Jamie

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Manhattan Melodrama (1934)

"John Dillinger's Death Picture"

Despite the name, it's a pretty okay story, tautly told and elegantly done - built around boyhood pals, rackets boss Clark Gable and DA William Powell, and the woman they both loved but Powell married. Things get complicated...

Dillinger supposedly chose this for his evening's entertainment because he was such a fan of Myrna Loy's. Guess the FBI felt the same way about her.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just previewed a brand new 35mm print of "A Hard Day's Night," which we're showing this coming Sunday. I was the very first person to break the seals on the film cans, and it's a rare privilege to see a film in such pristine condition.

Pretty good picture too -- Wilfrid Brambell's hilarious, as always, and those four boys are pretty funny too. They could use haircuts though.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We're opening a week's run of "Easy Virtue" tonight, the much-ballyhooed Noel Coward adaptation with Jessica Biel, Colin Firth, Ben Barnes, and Kirsten Scott Thomas. There's a lot of fun in it, but the big glaring weakness is unfortunately front and center -- Ms. Biel herself. At no time does she sound like she's doing anything but reciting memorized lines.

And the adaptation itself has some odd elements inserted -- the director seems to think Cowardian wit is too rarefied for modern yuk-yuks, and sticks in yet another reiteration of the "uncomfortable house guest accidentally sits on and kills yappy annoying family dog" routine. I'm surprised he didn't cast Ben Stiller as the butler.

JennyLou

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
Watched 'Hot Fuzz' last night. It had been a while. Makes me bust up laughing every time. :D

Cheers!

Dan
Hott Fuzz is an awesome movie!!

I just finished watching Benny & Joon. Love Johnny Depp in it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR