Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Had a date night with Missus H and saw Knight and Day. Lotsa grinning, lotsa death, lotsa what feels like improvised lines. Not really a story line to speak of, just lotsa boomboomboom. Missus liked it, I thought it was okay.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
An Education - great acting by the leads, but the movie did not live up to the hype. It was just good.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Cinderella Man - yesterday on television. I enjoyed it very much, production design, wardrobe, wowo... and alllll those hats man!.. made me dizzy, wonderful, just wonderful! Moving story, superb feelgood-factor.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Re: Goldfinger, why does he gather all the crime bosses, explain to them his plan, then kill them afterwards? If he was going to bump them off, why spend the time on his heist scheme? If he was bragging, then there was really going to be no one around to admire him.

SkullCowboy

New in Town
Wally_Hood said:
Re: Goldfinger, why does he gather all the crime bosses, explain to them his plan, then kill them afterwards? If he was going to bump them off, why spend the time on his heist scheme? If he was bragging, then there was really going to be no one around to admire him.

He was a megalomaniac. Normal (to us) social interactions can't be applied. Even though he was going to kill them he still wanted their approval, wanted them to be awed by his plan. Also, he led them to believe he was going to steal the gold and pay them for their investment in that enterprise. But with theft not his actual plan, pay them from his own pocket? Leave them to point to him later? Nope. Kill'em all.

Just watched a flick called Sunshine. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/

Highly recommend it to any SciFi fans out there.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I love that Sunshine.

The Invention of Lying is terrible. It's not funny, and even though it's easy to be forgiving of plot holes in a comedy, the ones in this movie are so big that it's hard to believe it was ever made.

Cricket

Practically Family
Finished Shutter Island and The Road. Great movies!

Loved the feel, look and twists to Shutter Island.

Loved the thinking and emotions with The Road. My husband read the McCarthy book and his exact words were: "I wonder how they are going to put that to film. The book was great but I am curious how they are going to pull it off."
By the end of the film, we just sat in silence for moment. His reply: "Dang, they pulled it off."

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
^ Same thoughts on The Road. It's hard to imagine the bleakness translating to the screen until you see it.

Edward

Bartender
SkullCowboy said:
He was a megalomaniac. Normal (to us) social interactions can't be applied. Even though he was going to kill them he still wanted their approval, wanted them to be awed by his plan. Also, he led them to believe he was going to steal the gold and pay them for their investment in that enterprise. But with theft not his actual plan, pay them from his own pocket? Leave them to point to him later? Nope. Kill'em all.

On a more mundane level, it's also a nice expositionary device so the audience know what Auric is planning.... ;)

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974)

Oh, how I love this movie. It makes anything those Coen brother punks make look ridiculously redundant and watered down.

Peckinpah Saves! (note Sam/Bennie shades in this post icon) :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21