Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Get Him to the Greek

I sadly admit to having succumbed to this raunchy sophomoric comedy last night.

One scene in particular (airport) nearly caused me to wet my pants.:eek:

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
I've always thought...

Flat Foot Floey said:
I refused to see Avatar until yesterday. It was my friends brithday and they wanted to watch the movie on dvd so I didn't have a choice. Haha
Yeah, I missed the 3 D part but I am free to say that storywise the movie is rather boring.
I am sure that I wouldn't like the digital and very shiny looks of the Blue Meanies and the Enviroment EVEN IF they put their 3D fx on every single detail.

I also don't like big fighting scenes (not even in Lord of the Rings) with the heroe's sidekicks who die for their shizzle and all. Also every diplomacy seemed to fail because evil ist just evil and good is just good.
It's a naive and dangerous view on war. Even in a science fiction or fantasy movie. It's just stupid and naive and arghs...:eek:fftopic: :mad:

Ok. So much for Avatar. Going to see some Film Noir Movies instead...:D

…that good science fiction needed to be both good science and good fiction. For me, I found Avatar lacking in both those areas. It’s hard to imagine an evolutionary path that gives you bio-electrical hook-ups to everything and the fiction part seemed pretty flat.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Damned Don't Cry (1950), with Joan Crawford, Steve Cochran, David Brian, and Kent Smith. The highest praise I can give this noir is that Mrs. Hood, who walks out of the room when b&w movies are on, actually was interested in the story and watched the whole thing. Chalk it up to solid acting and direction, and a basic borrowing from Mildred Pierce.

Catch this one if you haven't see it yet.

Edward

Bartender
Hart's War. A rather schmaltzy, B-level WW2 film of recent years which I presume went straight to DVD, at least here in the UK. It suffers from being the typical Hollywood lionasation / hero-worshipping of WW2, but if you can get past that it's an enjoyable piece of fluff. Mostly set in a Stalag, the climactic scenes being essentially courtroom drama. The ending is the weak bit (the 'noble sacrifice' stuff, didn't buy that in the context as realistic the way it is played out), but hey ho - it's entertaining enough. I enjoyed picking out the various flying jackets and other bits of US uniforms - things I wouldn't have known before joining the FL. Also it was nice to see the experience of the Tuskagee airmen receive some attention - one of the characters portraying such a serviceman wearing a very nice B6... Oh, and the SS camp guards and commandant were nicely portrayed - human, military men, unsavoury, but not two dimensional, pantomime baddies as is so often the case.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
I'm watching a rough screener of the first part of a seven-part TCM documentary called Moguls and Movie Stars: A History of Hollywood. My wife works for Turner so she brought some of her work home with her. It's supposed to air in November, I think. It is very interesting and informative.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I watched 'Revolutionary Road' (Leonardo DeCaprio/Kate Winslet) again last night. I don't know if it's been discussed already, but Leonardo's clothes seem a bit later than the film's set time. By the models of the cars used I'd say it was mid-50s, but Leonardo's thin ties were late-50s/early 60s. I'm guessing that the 'two-martini' lunches were a bit more 60s, too. Still, it was a good film to watch.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Seven - it had been a while. IMO, it's still right up there with Silence of the Lambs as one of the best suspense movies ever. Even knowing the ending doesn't detract from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112