Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

swinggal

One Too Many
I loved Primer too - but it messed with my head :) Watched it 3 times and my brain still hurt. But the story was good.

Nobody Man was hard to follow, interesting but really hard to understand what was going on. Alternate realities and timelines but you don't really understand WHY.

Sincerely-Dee

One of the Regulars
Widebrim said:
I saw Sleep, My Love at an L.A. Noir festival. Had to leave 2/3 of the way through!

Right now, I'm watching He Walked By Night for the second time. Seminal, docu-drama with Richard Basehart, Scott Brady, and Jack Webb.

Did you leave because you didn't like it?

I did actually drift off to sleep at one point, although that may have been because it was on pretty late at night.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Just finished watching The Rookie with Dennis Quaid-again, with daughter Sarah (she lasted through the first half, then got bored with a baseball movie) and son Daniel. Hadn't watched it in quite a while, a good one.

grundie

One of the Regulars
I watched 'The Titfield Thunderbolt' with my son yesterday. Despite my best efforts to interest him in it, it wasn't happening unfortunately.

Annichen

Familiar Face
Champagne 1928

Early Hitchcock.
Alfred-Hitchcocks-Champagne-1928--Front-Cover-27138.jpg

Rich spoilt girl lose all her money and get's a lesson in life etc.

Fairly entertaining, a bit slow but enough eye candy for any 20s enthusiast.
1928_-_Champagne_%5bAlfred_Hitchcock%5d_-_009_(EyeGate).jpg

1928_-_Champagne_%5bAlfred_Hitchcock%5d_-_006_(EyeGate).jpg

Feraud

Bartender
swinggal said:
I loved Primer too - but it messed with my head :) Watched it 3 times and my brain still hurt. But the story was good.

Nobody Man was hard to follow, interesting but really hard to understand what was going on. Alternate realities and timelines but you don't really understand WHY.

Sounds like an interesting movie.
I hope we Americans get to see this instead of a diluted Hollywood version starring some silly box office draws..

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
The A-Team, which had me laughing a lot more than I woulda guessed.

As for noir: at the LA Noir City festival, saw Gothic Noir night. SO EVIL MY LOVE and EXPERIMENT PERILOUS.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
220px-Mysteriousisland1929.jpg
The Mysterious Island, 1929
The picture that killed American sci-fi film for the next two decades: a colossal bomberoo thanks to a 3-year production hold-up, sound was hastily dubbed on after the talkies broke. Loosely adapted from Jules Verne, it's a preposterous adventure of submariners (led by...Lionel Barrymore?!) in old-fashioned Russian imperial getups. Worth seeing for some very well done underwater modeling sequences, but don't hold your breath. *groooan*

Would you really consider it science-fiction, Fletch? If so, then you'd have to consider Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers the same, and that being the case, then Mysterious Island didn't kill off the genre for the next two decades. Just a thought...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
While at home sick the other day, "Miss. Pettigrew Lives for a Day" & "The Holiday". A couple of good warm & fuzzy films for when one is feeling under the weather.

Cheers!

Dan

I love both those movies!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
A Cry in the Night on TCM last night. A great little B picture from 1956 in which creepy sociopath Raymond Burr kidnaps teenage Natalie Wood, daughter of tough police captain Edmund O'Brien, who tracks 'em down with even tougher night-shift commander Brian Donlevy.

Although mostly a gripping police procedural, it included a couple of fall-off-the-couch-funny lines, like Donlevy's comment about Burr: "That guy's got a mother fixation a mile wide."

WH1

Practically Family
"Monte Walsh" is on TCM right now. My all time favorite western, this is the original with Lee Marvin and Jack Palance. I highly recommend this to any fan of westerns.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I can't call it "watching," but we sort of tried watching The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. After waiting patiently for a plot to erupt, we finally left off at the thirty-eight minute mark and jumped to the last chapter to see how it all wrapped up. Did not enjoy the film. Seems like spots of dialogue were semi-improvised, which clashed with Gilliam's exquisite eye for detail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass