Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Bugsy said:
"Sophie's Choice" Quite the emotional trip.

I love that film, even though it leaves me devastated for days afterwards. My other half knows when I've watched it because I'm still crying when he gets in from work!

I've been watching this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxtxfuZD6M

Most of the film has dated pretty badly but I just can't get this music out of my head. It's such a great sultry scene......sigh.......

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Breakfast at Tiffany's (liked it and thought Audrey looked beautiful. I liked the happy ending, but the overall movie made me feel a bit sad.)

and

Gilda (a few slow moments, but liked it overall)

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Edward said:
That's it. I was totally blanking on the title.... There has been a lot of criticism of it already, with various critics claiming that it is set to portray the average German person of the time as a two-dimensional, Nazi drone. One thing I dislike about many of the old war films is that they do portray anyone fighting on the German side, or any German, in something of that light. That said, I'm happy to reserve judgement on that score until I see the film itself. I am something of a fan of QT, and I find myself intrigued greatly by the idea of him doing such a period piece. A major departure, I should think, given how much latter-day pop-culture is core to his work to date.

Still in the WW2 genre, I'm actually rather looking forward to seeing Valkyrie. I'm very far from being a fan of Tom Cruise, but I do nevertheless enjoy some of the films he has been in. It'll be interesting to see a film which portrays a high ranking Wehrmacht in a heroic light - very much counter to the normal trend.

i thought it very interesting that QT was doing a period piece because you are right, he mainly sticks to pop culture, so this film should be verrrrry interesting even if it happens be somewhat of a bomb...but with him at the reigns of this project that is a very big "IF"...

for some reason i just cannot stop watching "DeathProof" lol its such a different film i guess...as a matter of fact both of the features are strangely awesome but that is usually how QTs films come out...one is gravitated to them by a strange force...i could watch "PulpFiction" until the tape burns up and explodes...and then buy the dvd and watch it until the laser burns it clear through...Tarantino is a genius...the man is incredible...

"Valkyrie" sounds similar "The Blue Max"...except in ww2...:eusa_doh: ...i agree with you, i am far from a fan of Cruise with "Rain Man" being the only movie i can really watch, but i may give it a shot since i have a weak spot for ww2 epics...

Feraud

Bartender
Who else loves 50s low budget sci-fi movies?
I just finished watching Bride of the Monster. Do you know those movies that are "so bad they are good"? This is almost one of those films. Low budget, barely a plot, wooden actors, rubber octopus, nuclear explosion, etc.
The best part of the film is seeing Lugosi do the hand hypnosis thing..

Ace Fedora

Familiar Face
Feraud said:
I just finished watching Bride of the Monster. Do you know those movies that are "so bad they are good"? This is almost one of those films. Low budget, barely a plot, wooden actors, rubber octopus, nuclear explosion, etc.
The best part of the film is seeing Lugosi do the hand hypnosis thing..

Great movie, criminally underappreciated. Ed Wood is my all-time favorite producer, said with absolutely no trace of sarcasm or irony.

Next in my queue is Cleopatra Jones, Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed-Up Zombies, and the legendarily-titled Rat Pfink a Boo Boo.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Idiocracy

Just caught Mike Judge's "Idiocracy" on HBO last night and laughed my arse off! How timely! It's a satire about where we're headed as society becomes 'dumbed-down' and intelligent people make intelligent, rational decisions about reproduction. The "intellectually challenged" amongst us begin to far outnumber the smart people, and in the, not-to-distant future, they are running the country.

Watch this thing and tell me if you don't see signs of it in society already! You won't know to laugh or to cry.

-dixon cannon

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
i wish they would make more zombie/undead movies like 'planet terror' and 'shaun of the dead'...love those kinds of movies, man...don't even have to think when you put one on...just watch it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy