Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Feraud

Bartender
Smithy said:
They showed "The Falcon Out West" on the telly here last night which I thoroughly enjoyed.

He's a dapper old chap that Tom Conway.
Have you seen any of the other "Falcon" movies?
I recently saw my first one, The Falcon Strikes Back. I thought it was just "so-so".

Chester Morris as Boston Blackie and Warren William as The Lone Wolf are really good in their respective series if you are into these detective flicks.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Have you seen any of the other "Falcon" movies?
I recently saw my first one, The Falcon Strikes Back. I thought it was just "so-so".

Chester Morris as Boston Blackie and Warren William as The Lone Wolf are really good in their respective series if you are into these detective flicks.

First one I had seen. To be honest it wasn't the height of cinematic achievement but Tom Conway was a hoot to watch.

Feraud

Bartender
A hoot to watch is what it's all about.
I just learned Tom Conway and George Sanders were brothers after watching Sanders in Man Hunt (dir. Fritz Lang) and doing some reading..

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Vanessa said:
I've Loved You So Long - Kristin Scott Thomas is heartbreaking.
I saw the preview at the theater the other day and it did look good but I'll be waiting for the DVD, due mostly to my weak French (it was a lot better when I lived in Paris 20 yrs ago) and aversion of subtitles.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Smithy said:
They showed "The Falcon Out West" on the telly here last night which I thoroughly enjoyed.

He's a dapper old chap that Tom Conway.

The Falcon movies are my cup of tea. Mr. Conway's brother, George Sanders, started the series in 1941 after leaving his role as Simon Templer in the Saint films. In the forth Falcon movie, 'The Falcon's Brother' (1942) Tom Conway appears to take over the role of the Falcon. Both of these chaps strike me as the quintessential English gentleman hero of the time. Early day James Bonds if you will. The kind of chaps I look to for inspiration.

docneg

One of the Regulars
Mike1939 said:
The Falcon movies are my cup of tea. Mr. Conway's brother, George Sanders, started the series in 1941 after leaving his role as Simon Templer in the Saint films. In the forth Falcon movie, 'The Falcon's Brother' (1942) Tom Conway appears to take over the role of the Falcon. Both of these chaps strike me as the quintessential English gentleman hero of the time. Early day James Bonds if you will. The kind of chaps I look to for inspiration.

Great to hear from another Falcon fan. I just watched The Falcon's Alibi, my favorite in the series. Although I find George Sanders a little more entertaining, I love the Tom Conway films, too. Maybe because he looked a lot like my Dad (who actually had the same kind of personality).

I wonder, if he had lived, Tom Conway would have aged the same way my father did:
Dad87.jpg

MsStabby

One of the Regulars
Yves St. Laurent: His Life and Times

It clocks in at 2:43:22, which is about 1:30:22 too long. The word that comes to mind to describe both the film and his most of his couture after 1961 is "wallowing."

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
the Quiet Man

It's a tradition this time of year, since my wife saw it for the first time on our honeymoon in Ireland 5 years ago this month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic