Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Tonight its the 'Eurovision Song Contest' which I'm sure will not mean much to anyone outside the EU... but, for us its an institution of epic cheesy proportions... a gathering of terrible gaudy, tackiness, with some of the worst music you will ever hear.

....But, its fun, and just starting... and I need another whisky or two to enjoy it properly :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Munsters.
Rock A Bye Munster, where we see the Munster's car for the first time, and we get a great (but short) performance by Paul Lynde as Dr. Dudley.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tonight its the 'Eurovision Song Contest' which I'm sure will not mean much to anyone outside the EU... but, for us its an institution of epic cheesy proportions... a gathering of terrible gaudy, tackiness, with some of the worst music you will ever hear.
..and the winner is:
Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops (Denmark)

[video=youtube;p3f9v8ebuD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p3f9v8ebuD4[/video]

..yet another gathering of booty-shaking, tacky "bling" outfits and Almighty Kitsch.. we survived it. :D
Looking forward for next year. lol

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
..and the winner is:

..yet another gathering of booty-shaking, tacky "bling" outfits and Almighty Kitsch.. we survived it. :D

Yay, our wonderful song finished way down the list... another year of high camp awfulness, but its compelling viewing. I fell asleep before all the votes were in though :yawn: :sleep:

Tonight, another great institution 'The Antiques Roadshow'.... why don't we have some remarkable treasures in our loft :frusty:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
..and the winner is:

[video=youtube;p3f9v8ebuD4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p3f9v8ebuD4[/video]

Yeah.... that whole Eurovision Song Contest thing came to my attention about 10 years ago... I fly online at night with an international group of fellahs and one night on Comms World War III broke out. I thought it was over World Cup Soccer but I eventually found out it was all about this song contest. I've fought (well argued) over music many times in my life but it was more along the lines of Motown vs. Stax/Volt or "who had the more lasting muscial impact Beatles or (fill in the blank). Never "my country's pop song is better'n than your'n". Strange concept... but as long as nobody gets hurt (for real) keep at it!

Worf

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yay, our wonderful song finished way down the list...
Our folks didn't even make it to finals. :D

"my country's pop song is better'n than your'n".
No one really enjoys Eurovision.. at least not in the last decade. We watch with friends (and/or) family, so we can laught our lungs out. Lately, most of the time we're just feeling ashamed for the poor "performers" - it's a sharade.. and the voting system is NASTY.
..that is why, few years back the system got hacked, and THEY WON:

[video=youtube;mh3hj9-J76Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh3hj9-J76Y[/video]

Watched re-runs of "Waking the dead". :thumb:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Documentary on PBS - Ghost Army. Excellent.

Then I watched a BBC documentary called Hitler's Children. Wow. Talk about gut wrenching.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
You are in luck! It is on their website right now at this link:

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365012023
Thanks! I just watched The Flintlock Disaster on PBS. About VMF-422, where 23 Marines were sent to a safe Island with their Corsairs, only one pilot made it to the island after they ran into a Typhoon. Six pilots were never heard from again. And the Marines and Navy did their best to cover it all up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy