Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

I hate when they have sporting events in my area and it screws up the freeway traffic and people act like morons so I can see what you mean. I never could understand the draw of the Olympics either. :rolleyes: I hope it never gets anywhere near here.
When they held the summer olympics here in Los Angeles in 1984 someone made a prediction that the "big quake" was going to hit at some point during the olympics; thousands believed it and left the state for two weeks. The freeways were almost empty--it was great! lol

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
My favorites are the ones with about five teeth. When they speak English, it sounds like another language too. :p
No, the best are the ones where the criminals is wearing their pants below there underwear, and they fall down and trip right when the Cops are chasing them. You would think they would be smart enough to wear at least some suspenders when they rob a 7/11! I bet the Cops hope that fashion trend never goes out of style with the bad guys.

No, the best are the ones where the criminals is wearing their pants below there underwear, and they fall down and trip right when the Cops are chasing them. You would think they would be smart enough to wear at least some suspenders when they rob a 7/11! I bet the Cops hope that fashion trend never goes out of style with the bad guys.

Most definitely the pants ont he ground crowd never get away with anything. They look like penguins trying to run away. :p

Edward

Bartender
I hate when they have sporting events in my area and it screws up the freeway traffic and people act like morons so I can see what you mean. I never could understand the draw of the Olympics either. :rolleyes: I hope it never gets anywhere near here.

The travel aspect was okay, surprisingly... it seemed, in the end, that the "We won't be able to cope, stay in your homes" propaganda that London Transport pumped out for six months prior to the Games worked rather too well. Tragically, everything I predicted otherwise came true... theatre ticket sales were down considerably, the tourist economy was hard hit (as in every Games city, those uninterested in the Games chose to stay away), the arts still suffers in some quarters from the loss in funding diverted to the superannuated sports day.... People had absurd military installations on the roofs of their residences in the name of "security"... All of it, absurd. The worst thing - and, shockingly, one that got next to no publicity - was that the residents of several estates of social housing were evicted to make way for Games facilities in the Olympic Park area. They were promised equivalent quality re-housing as a community, but that never materialised. And for what? For what? A festival of barbarians and buffoons who can run a bit fast, or are good at throwing and catching things. People in desperate search for a bauble with which to justify their existence. Among the very basest of human pursuits. Repulsive.

What's wrong, you guys all get your tighty-whiteys pulled up yer cracks as kids in gym class?

I was the one who faced down the Games Teacher and won. He hated me because I was smarter than him, and I knew it (not hard, granted... such an obscene waste of money, though, to keep two full time members of staff on and the money spent on equipment that could have been better spent on something academic.... or at least not wasted on mindless, animal sport.... damn right that made me angry, as it should anyone with pretensions to being civilised). He tried to break me one day by making the rest of the class sit and wait until I finished the 1600m I had chosen to walk. They waited another twenty minutes. The buffon didn't take me on again.

Pray that the World Cup never comes to town cause this is what you'll get.
Clash between Polish and Russian soccer fans at Euro 2012 in Warsaw

[video=youtube;7F8o0iKrFnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F8o0iKrFnQ[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou