Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Azorian: The Raising Of The K-129. Some of you are old enough to remember this. Howard Hughes and the Glomar Explorer joint CIA operation to raise the Soviet submarine. Lots of new photos and film, very interesting. Nice to hear from those that were there! You just can't keep a good secret, no mater what the conspiracy theory, nuts say! Truth is stranger then fiction!

Geez, the clothes cause temporary blindness. :doh:

What's also interesting is the dramatic arc of the men's clothing in the Brady Bunch. In the first episodes, the men / boys are wearing 60s trad/Ivy clothing, but by later episodes, they are draped in 70s disco/poly. The show spanned an incredible change in men's attire in a reasonably short period - I doubt there have been many periods that saw such a radical shift.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
And Flacco is worth every penny of it.
:D

Yeah right... I won't say that an NFL quaterback who's defending SuperBowl Champ "choked" but man I dunno. I think he's great at winning on the road, against the odds. Put him on in primetime, at home... well, what can ah tell ya. Bears didn't do much better. NBC FLEXES out of the Patriots/Ravens for the Bears/Eggles and that game was even worse! Just shows to go ya I suppose... Sigh...

Worf

Yeah right... I won't say that an NFL quaterback who's defending SuperBowl Champ "choked" but man I dunno. I think he's great at winning on the road, against the odds. Put him on in primetime, at home... well, what can ah tell ya. Bears didn't do much better. NBC FLEXES out of the Patriots/Ravens for the Bears/Eggles and that game was even worse! Just shows to go ya I suppose... Sigh...

Worf

His defense and especially his running game have been subpar this year. I am waiting for someone to shut down/slow down Foles some time soon.
:D

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Geez, the clothes cause temporary blindness. :doh:

I break out in hives just thinking about that show.

What's also interesting is the dramatic arc of the men's clothing in the Brady Bunch. In the first episodes, the men / boys are wearing 60s trad/Ivy clothing, but by later episodes, they are draped in 70s disco/poly. The show spanned an incredible change in men's attire in a reasonably short period - I doubt there have been many periods that saw such a radical shift.

Really? You've watched enough of it to know this? *shudders*

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I break out in hives just thinking about that show.

Really? You've watched enough of it to know this? *shudders*
Hey now, don't be putting down the Brady Bunch.
I'll agree to a point with FF.
Sherwood Schwartz didn't want them to wear "modern" or "trendy" clothes, because he felt it would date the show once it went into syndication.
Now I watch it BECAUSE it's dated.
Yeah some of the story lines are stupid, but the message is good, and for some reason I like it.
Since you brought it up, I might pull out season one and watch the whole dern thing tomorrow.
In Mae's honor. :D

Hey now, don't be putting down the Brady Bunch.
I'll agree to a point with FF.
Sherwood Schwartz didn't want them to wear "modern" or "trendy" clothes, because he felt it would date the show once it went into syndication.
Now I watch it BECAUSE it's dated.
Yeah some of the story lines are stupid, but the message is good, and for some reason I like it.
Since you brought it up, I might pull out season one and watch the whole dern thing tomorrow.
In Mae's honor. :D

I feel sorry for your family. I am calling the SPCA to report that you are abusing your poor ACD making the poor thing watch those nasty clothes and hair styles parading across the TV screen. You might give the poor dog a seizure with all that plaid and ugliness. :doh:
If I could get rid of the ugly clothing, furniture and hair styles then the stories could be palatable. But the singing?! Forgetaboutit!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav