Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Calling on Worf. Have you seen "True Detective" yet? I think you would like it. Intelligently written, philosophically driven (and challenging), incredibly well acted and dark. Modern film noir in the medium that has overtaken the movies for quality art on film - TV.

Not yet... been "binge watching" so much since I got Netflix streaming I haven't had the time to get into this one. All the people who's opinions I respect in these matters (including yours I might add) tell me that this show's a "must see" soooo eventually I'll have to make time to catch up on it.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Batman The Animated Series (1992).
This is without a doubt, the finest animated series made in my lifetime.
I watched it when it came out, but I was in college and didn't have the time to appreciate it.
Now that it's free on Amazon Instant Video (free for prime members), I've started watching it again.
Great story lines, dark deco styling, and great music.

I agree with you totally on BTAS. Warner Bros. got this one RIGHT. Kids can watch it, adults can too and feel no guilt. I liked it far more than all but 2 of the movies.

Worf

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
That was a decent show until someone started playing with blanks......
Yeah, that was a career ending decision.
And he could have been a huge star too.

Worf, after letting my wife view a few episodes of BTAS, she agreed it is one of the best cartoons she's seen.
But as the name implies, it's not a cartoon but more like mature animation, with interesting plots.
I really like the deco in it.
It's a shame that they only made 85 episodes, but honestly Batman can't save Gotham City his entire life, he needs a break every so often. :D
Although, another cartoon I've gotten into, because of the movies, is The Penguins Of Madagascar.
I've seen 90 episodes and it's still a well written show.
From storylines, to jokes, to catchphrases uttered by the leader of the group (skipper), it's just a funny show.
The catchphrases are uttered when the skipper is frustrated or shocked.
Such things as "Lincoln's itchy beard, get on with it man" or "what in the name of Ghandi's nunchucks do we have here?" :D

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Astronaut Wives Club, on book TV. Turns out, reality shows are nothing new, the original Astronauts families had theirs back in the 60s. Reporters fallowing them every where they went. Of the 30 original Astronauts, only 7 remained married. It was a zoo, then it was over, and left them dazed and confused! Of course, that is not what we saw, we saw the perfect families.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy