Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

I agree, as well.

When I was much, much younger, I saw all of the episodes at least twice on WTBS in the morning before school. I really don't care for it at all, at this point. I can take a few minutes of it. I watched the Christmas special (in color) on Christmas eve and that was all right. However, my wife loves "I Love Lucy." Fortunately, we have multiple TV's. ...The Hallmark channel is even worse than Lucy.

- Ian

I read somewhere that The Hallmark Channel would never survive if it wasn't for "bundling-" where we are forced to buy packages of channels by the cable and satellite companies. That makes sense to me because if they offered me a penny off my bill (literally 1 cent) to remove The Hallmark Channel I would take it to save all the clicks I waste scrolling past it.

I agree, as well.

When I was much, much younger, I saw all of the episodes at least twice on WTBS in the morning before school. I really don't care for it at all, at this point. I can take a few minutes of it. I watched the Christmas special (in color) on Christmas eve and that was all right. However, my wife loves "I Love Lucy." Fortunately, we have multiple TV's. ...The Hallmark channel is even worse than Lucy.

- Ian

Hallmark?! :faint:

I read somewhere that The Hallmark Channel would never survive if it wasn't for "bundling-" where we are forced to buy packages of channels by the cable and satellite companies. That makes sense to me because if they offered me a penny off my bill (literally 1 cent) to remove The Hallmark Channel I would take it to save all the clicks I waste scrolling past it.

Agreed! I would remove it for a half cent off. :p

The Librarians: And Santa's Midnight Run. Pretty funny. Bruce Campbell is hands down the best St. Nick ever!
I finally found the time to watch this. Campbell was very good as usual, but the rest of the show--the premise, the characters, the banter, etc.--reminded me of countless shows I've seen before, many of which were much better executed. In all fairness, this was the only episode of this series that I've watched, so I might have enjoyed it more if I'd seen the previous episodes...but I doubt it.

Dr Who Christmas special. Can't say I liked it much...
Dr Who Christmas Special
I finally found the time to watch this as well. I thought the first two-thirds were interesting, but that final third was a weak resolution and overly sappy.

You sly dog you. With a name like Zombie it now all makes sense!
:pound:

I finally found the time to watch this. Campbell was very good as usual, but the rest of the show--the premise, the characters, the banter, etc.--reminded me of countless shows I've seen before, many of which were much better executed. In all fairness, this was the only episode of this series that I've watched, so I might have enjoyed it more if I'd seen the previous episodes...but I doubt it.

I finally found the time to watch this as well. I thought the first two-thirds were interesting, but that final third was a weak resolution and overly sappy.

:pound:

I liked Santa Campbell. It was all in the vein of the whole Librarian series. You need to see the movies to understand. :D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Perfect Storm: The Lost Legion. Thanks National Geographic Channel, for giving us what the History Channel doesn't!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I agree, as well.

- Ian

The funny thing about Lucy is, later shows starring two women, always go back and reuse her skits! I do not know how many shows I have watched where the two female stars are on some kind of assembly line, which, of course, goes completely wrong! [video=youtube;HnbNcQlzV-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbNcQlzV-4[/video]

The funny thing about Lucy is, later shows starring two women, always go back and reuse her skits! I do not know how many shows I have watched where the two female stars are on some kind of assembly line, which, of course, goes completely wrong!

That scene is a perfect example of one of the things I don't like about the show - everything that could have been funny was played to the slapstick extreme. Working on an assembly line where the items come out to fast has a humor element to it, but it needed to be understated - handled with a light touch - so that the humor was built subtly; instead, it was done to the max with her crazy expressions that made the entire scene, IMHO, irritating. I can't say I've seen it ripped off in other shows, but when you have, have you noticed if other directors played it more subtly?

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
The Hallmark Channel, Lifetime, WE, Bravo and E! are to many women what the History, H2, National Geographic, Discovery (all of their channels) and ESPN are to many men. Again, thank goodness for having more than one TV in the home.

- Ian

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
My wife lives on Bravo and E!. :eusa_doh:

I know the feeling. Mine watches a lot of network series, as well. I don't care much for most network series, these days, either. :rolleyes:

But, that's pretty normal, I think. We're (Men and Women) often interested in different things.

- Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24