Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Yeah, for quite some time it seemed they would only cast him to play the arrogant, snobbish, rich kid who usually gets his comeuppance by the end of the movie. I think the first movie that showed he could do considerably more than that was Sex, Lies, and Videotape, but even after that it took a while for him to shake that "rich kid" typecasting.

For me, I knew him as you so well described him - the rich kid with floppy hair in the '80s - then he went away (from my world) until just recently when he came back as a balding, edgier and incredibly talented actor. It was a shock to me, but based on IMDB, he's been working all along.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Frontline: Putin's Way. 110 Russians own 35% of the total wealth of the country. 110. The average annual income is $871. The average annual income in India is around $1000. Puts it in perspective. That was one worrisome hour of TV.

Yeah I caught that one as well. Interesting to see his rise to power. Any man ruthless enough to "gin up" a war with another country by blowing up his own citizens will certainly do anything to stay in power. If he see's it slipping away due to his war mongering, bungling and the drop in the price of oil he may do "something rash". I wouldn't put it past him. It was/is one worrisome progam.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The absolutely horrid "'Z' World" or something like that. It's simply a "poor man's" "Walking Dead". BUT its so bad it's actually funny in spots. I won't spoil the plot as there's not much there to begin with. It's a SyFy series sent to Netflix. They're really having a go at the other series as they tend to take tracking shots and other hints directly from them. They can't do much right... and manage to constantly get things twisted. They have their own versions of Michone and Daryl and the rest. It's really kinda funny.

Worf

The absolutely horrid "'Z' World" or something like that. It's simply a "poor man's" "Walking Dead". BUT its so bad it's actually funny in spots. I won't spoil the plot as there's not much there to begin with. It's a SyFy series sent to Netflix. They're really having a go at the other series as they tend to take tracking shots and other hints directly from them. They can't do much right... and manage to constantly get things twisted. They have their own versions of Michone and Daryl and the rest. It's really kinda funny.

Worf

It's by Syfy's favorite contributor, The Asylum. They are infamous for their horrible hybrid monster flicks and other bad movies with equally bad names, bad acting, bad special effects, and bad plots. I tired of it very quickly, not surprisingly.
:D

Foyle's War

Plots are convoluted to outright unbelievable, but the show's style and characters makes it incredibly enjoyable. Nobody dresses down a corrupt official, criminal or murderer better than Foyle. I've read that there are three new episodes coming to the U.S. later this year (currently being aired in the UK now).

I have it recorded, but haven't had the courage to watch it. Just can't get past the old, "the British are coming" cliche!

You'll have to get past a lot of "historical fiction". The producers said they wanted a fictional character drama surrounded by actual events. Well, they got buddy cop bromance between Sam Adams and John Hancock, complete with really bad American accents by British and Irish actors. But at least everyone is young and really good looking in a 21st century way.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Watched Downton Abby off the streaming service of PBS; working through season one of Agents of SHIELD on Netflix; Youngest Hood and I are gradually watching all of Young Justice; and Agent Carter on the dvr. I hardly watch live broadcasts, mostly streaming stuff.

Plots are convoluted to outright unbelievable, but the show's style and characters makes it incredibly enjoyable. Nobody dresses down a corrupt official, criminal or murderer better than Foyle. I've read that there are three new episodes coming to the U.S. later this year (currently being aired in the UK now).

I was not able to give it my full attention, but it was visually entertaining.
:D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Watched Downton Abby off the streaming service of PBS; working through season one of Agents of SHIELD on Netflix; Youngest Hood and I are gradually watching all of Young Justice; and Agent Carter on the dvr. I hardly watch live broadcasts, mostly streaming stuff.

"Young Justice" was pretty good. Shame they cancelled it after 2 seasons AND Netflix hasn't picked up season 2 yet.

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The Real Story: The Hunt For Red October. Am I the only one who thinks the true story is always better then the Hollywood version?

The Real Story: The Hunt For Red October. Am I the only one who thinks the true story is always better then the Hollywood version?

It was a great special. I'm amazed at two things - (1) any officer would have the nerve to try what he did in the USSR and (2) he really didn't plan it very well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes