Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I meant that tennis expects a much higher level of decorum in the sport than one rife with ex-gang members etc. :p

The most polite sport I was ever around was motorcycle Trials. That's where they can not touch the ground with their foot while doing the imposable. I judged one Trials, one point for each dab of the foot, maximum five points, meaning, they mine as well not even tried that section, total bust. I gave several riders 5s, they would just say "thank you!" Could you imagine that in Football or NASCAR?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The most polite sport I was ever around was motorcycle Trials. That's where they can not touch the ground with their foot while doing the imposable. I judged one Trials, one point for each dab of the foot, maximum five points, meaning, they mine as well not even tried that section, total bust. I gave several riders 5s, they would just say "thank you!" Could you imagine that in Football or NASCAR?

Good to know that there are sports like you described.

I play tennis & on occasions, I will watch a pro tennis match . But when I see rude behavior by some pros
towards the ball boys, I lose all respect for these "gentlemen" & usually turn off the set & either go ride my bike
or play tennis.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
But when I see rude behavior by some pros
towards the ball boys, I lose all respect for these "gentlemen" & usually turn off the set & either go ride my bike
or play tennis.
You're going to love Djokovic in the first two sets of the Australian Open final, then. He was very testy with them, and by my perspective, he included them in his charades. At one point, he was so deep into the broken thumb theatrics that when the ballboy put the towel in his hand (you know how the players now have to towel off after every f'ing point), it slipped through his fingers and dropped on the ground. He shot that ballboy a dirty look, as if it was the kid's fault for him taking it to that extreme. Throughout the part of the match I could hack watching, he treated the ball kids terribly.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
You're going to love Djokovic in the first two sets of the Australian Open final, then. He was very testy with them, and by my perspective, he included them in his charades. At one point, he was so deep into the broken thumb theatrics that when the ballboy put the towel in his hand (you know how the players now have to towel off after every f'ing point), it slipped through his fingers and dropped on the ground. He shot that ballboy a dirty look, as if it was the kid's fault for him taking it to that extreme. Throughout the part of the match I could hack watching, he treated the ball kids terribly.

Actually it comes as no surprise. I've seen this before. Sad.
The umpire can issue a warning, point penalty then a game penalty.

It would take something like what happened at the US Open when Serena was defaulted for her conduct towards a
lines person.
The kids are there to help retrieve the balls for the players. They are not paid. I don't know when this carrying the
towels to the players started, but that is a courtesy. Nowadays it's expected plus on top of that the abuse some players dish
out to the youngsters.
At least the people running the event should provide plastic gloves for the kids when they have to touch the sweaty towels... :D

Last edited:
Woooohooooooo!

steve-mcqueen-nk.jpg

The boys and I must have seen 20 already. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Wheeler Dealer & Naked Speed. Still not sure about the later. Nice Commando though! Need to put mine back together.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
BATMAN At last the old Tv series is out on DVD, never thought I would see it. My Mrs bought it for me as a present. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24