Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

"Odd Mom Out" a show about a not-wealthy Mom trying to live amongst the uber-wealthy NYC Upper East Side moms. As someone, like the not-wealthy mom, who lives in the poor or certainly not-rich section of the Upper East Side, this show resonated with me, but if you don't live in this stupid little Upper East Side ecosystem, I can't believe you would care about this show.

Hence, my question, is TV now so "nichey," so "market segmented" (to use a Lizzie "Boys in Marketing" term) that it can afford to make shows about one small neighborhood within a city? Before I moved to NYC, when I lived in NJ, this show would have meant absolutely, positively nothing to me - how can the economics of TV allow for a show like this to get made?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Been watching the greatest race on earth, The Isle Of Man TT motorcycle race! 200mph, on the most beautiful two lane country roads. Even after 246 deaths, riders from all over the world keep coming back to challenge the mountain island. [video=youtube;iRWp9rhfS_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0[/video]

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Been watching the greatest race on earth, The Isle Of Man TT motorcycle race! 200mph, on the most beautiful two lane country roads. Even after 246 deaths, riders from all over the world keep coming back to challenge the mountain island. [video=youtube;iRWp9rhfS_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0[/video]

Get yourself over there watching it live and riding the course is even better....it's frightening sometimes even spectating!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We are making our way through "Keeping Up Appearances". Hubby refers to me as Hyacinth. :(

And Lily giggles like a maniac at Onslow.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
American Genius Hearst vs. Pulitzer. To bad Pulitzer stopped to Hearst low level! You can understand Hearst not understanding the plight of the newsies, after all, he was born on third base with a silver spoon in his mouth, Pulitzer on the other hand was once a Newsie himself. You have to hand it to those boys, going on strike and bringing two of the most powerful men in the world to their knees!

American Genius Hearst vs. Pulitzer. To bad Pulitzer stopped to Hearst low level! You can understand Hearst not understanding the plight of the newsies, after all, he was born on third base with a silver spoon in his mouth, Pulitzer on the other hand was once a Newsie himself. You have to hand it to those boys, going on strike and bringing two of the most powerful men in the world to their knees!

Pulitzer? The Dynamite Prize guy?:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany