Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I have been watching Chasing Classic Cars. I still can't wrap my head around cars that have a starting bid of 10 Million Dollars. Even in Pound sterling, thats a lot of money!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have been watching Chasing Classic Cars. I still can't wrap my head around cars that have a starting bid of 10 Million Dollars. Even in Pound sterling, thats a lot of money!

Was this the one about 2 cars from the Brock Yates collection?
I recorded that, in hopes of seeing the Ferrari Daytona he used for a Cannonball Run race.
I saw it, but that wasn't the car or cars auctioned.
Oddly enough, the ambulance scenes used in the movie, came from real events.
Apparently Brock Yates and Hal Needham (Smokey & The Bandit Fame) DID enter an ambulance in the CR.
Despite it having a top speed of 150mph, they didn't even come close to winning.
And to make it authentic, Brock's wife was a good sport and rode on the gurney. :D
It was on this trip, that Yates came up with the idea for the movie.

rjb1

Practically Family
Quote Originally Posted by AtomicEraTom View Post
My Name is Earl

Such a funny program!

Funniest sitcom ever! Very highly recommended if you have never seen it.

I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicEraTom View Post
My Name is Earl

Such a funny program!

Funniest sitcom ever! Very highly recommended if you have never seen it.

That's what my dad and I have been saying. Everything is slammed to the ground, painted black, and has big, gaudy wheels on it.

Her, and the legal documents.

I watched the new episode of Loud N' Monkey. That '60 Bel Air turned out nice, but do they really need to put an Air Ride suspension on everything? I mean, they're nice if you can find the "sweet spot", but for most people I think they're more trouble and expense than they're worth.

And the new episode of The Blacklist. I like the show, but I find the sub-plot with the husband tiresome. I was hoping they'd resolve that in this episode, buuuuut nooooooooooooooooo. :mmph:

Oh ha ha :p

And here I have been calling you "Tom" all this time.
:D

I don't think my dad would like that too much :p

AtomicEraEarl does have a nice ring to it...:D

I have a Benz coming in soon.

Atomic Era Earl's, I'd buy a car from him.
If it's not a Dart. ;)

It's fantastic! Did I mention my cats are named Earl and Randy?

Such a funny program!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Was this the one about 2 cars from the Brock Yates collection?
I recorded that, in hopes of seeing the Ferrari Daytona he used for a Cannonball Run race.
I saw it, but that wasn't the car or cars auctioned.
Oddly enough, the ambulance scenes used in the movie, came from real events.
Apparently Brock Yates and Hal Needham (Smokey & The Bandit Fame) DID enter an ambulance in the CR.
Despite it having a top speed of 150mph, they didn't even come close to winning.
And to make it authentic, Brock's wife was a good sport and rode on the gurney. :D
It was on this trip, that Yates came up with the idea for the movie.

They showed a glimpse of the Daytona. I remember Brock writing about winning the second Cannonball in that car. He said Dan Gurney was driving at 160mph with one hand. Dan said it was safe, "At no time did we exceed 175 mph."

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
They showed a glimpse of the Daytona. I remember Brock writing about winning the second Cannonball in that car. He said Dan Gurney was driving at 160mph with one hand. Dan said it was safe, "At no time did we exceed 175 mph."
:eusa_clap
I used to have a subscription back in the 80's, and would read his column.
There was one trip they took, testing out a group of cars, and the ZZ Top Eliminator Cassette....CASSETTE was a favorite among the drivers. Apparently many of them felt it was good traveling music. I still agree with that statement, and take it on the road with me (in the CD form of course) every time.

That will be odd to have a German car on your lot.
Will your dad allow that? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24