Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Pure Evel! A documentary about Robert Evel Knievel, from his friends and associates perspective. Turns out, my mother was right clear back in 1966, when we meant him, she thought he was an arrogant jerk. Still, glad I got to watch him jump, first, as a nobody at a night car show in Arizona on a Triumph, then again, when he was on top of the world, in Colorado and riding a Harley! One thing I will say, no other event I have ever been to, has had the pure energy. When you are going to the show, every one was saying, I hope he crashes, I know, dumb on our part, but it was a different time. But, once he hit the ramp and was committed to the jump, every one stopped breathing and their was total silence, I don't even remember hearing the motorcycle. Every one was thinking the same thing, make it, make it, and all that energy was focused on him! I can see how you would get a size 20 head!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I watched Viva Knievel the other night, not a bad movie, but not a good one either.
That got me searching for videos of him on youtube.
My wife and I watched several jumps he made, including the failed one at Wembley Stadium.
He had a good message for kids, stay off narcotics.
Good thing it wasn't "don't use an aluminum baseball bat in anger" or he'd be a hypocrite. :D
His interview on Carson (from the early 70's) was very honest.
He started in this because he had to feed his family, and nobody else had done what he accomplished.
In one of the interviews I watched, he talked about the merchandising and how much it made.
Something like $300 million, back then! That's a lot of stunt cycles. :eeek:
I also watched one of his last interviews with Richard Hammond from Top Gear.
His body was just worn out by then, and he sadly didn't have much time left.

Speaking of Top Gear, I watched the American version last night.
Best light duty trucks, including a challenge of towing an airplane.
The Ford won, Toyota in second, and Dodge came last...what a shocker.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Doctor Who. Yeah, I think that pretty much sums up my week in tv.

We watched it as a family. She might be alright. She's quirky, yet not the same kind of quirky that Abby is. Tony saw a wedding ring on her hand so maybe we'll be spared the whole "will there be a romance?" nonsense.

I thought that, as well. Relieved. I like her. Think she'll do well.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
No.
He's learning to build a still, from one of Popcorn Sutton's helpers.
At least he seems more sober this year.
That helps when you are trying to learn something. ;)

...Speaking of Top Gear, I watched the American version last night.
Best light duty trucks, including a challenge of towing an airplane.
The Ford won, Toyota in second, and Dodge came last...what a shocker.
I finally had the time to watch that episode. I have to wonder how much differently the Ford would have performed if Rut or Adam had been driving it. Not that I'm debating the results; I rather like the Ford F series trucks.

Moonshine makes the ground uneven. ;)
Yeah, but it also helps you to walk a straight line during an earthquake. :D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I finally had the time to watch that episode. I have to wonder how much differently the Ford would have performed if Rut or Adam had been driving it. Not that I'm debating the results; I rather like the Ford F series trucks.

Yeah, but it also helps you to walk a straight line during an earthquake. :D
You make 2 great points.
I'm not sure what happened to Adam, maybe he really did get hurt.
As for Rut, well he screwed up on the Toyota. Might as well had him in the VW Rabbit truck.
The Toyota looked really nice, and the HP was up there. My guess is it's a hopped up Lexus engine.
The Ford was nice, and I notice they didn't tell you how much that King Ranch edition cost. :D
Let's just say my mortgage is close to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24