Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What women think of mens hairdo's?

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm with Edward, possibly the best haircut for making oneself look like a complete prat.

Absolutely terrible.

Micawber

A-List Customer
scotrace said:
Never trust a a man who combs his hair straight from his left armpit.

- Alice Roosevelt Longworth (speaking of the famous General McArthur combover)

I think Gregor Fisher perfected the comb over some years ago ;)

the-baldy-man.jpg

Gregor-Fisher.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Awww.. c'mon DPD, Ok so Disney's out, but how 'bout a nice "mature" Dreamworks version? Bwahahaha!
Nikki
2229286488_af80c62c74.jpg

He's got chest hair ladies!!
deadpandiva said:
I hate disney hair. it's the worst ever and every boy on that channel has this hair cut.
saturn07pic69.jpg

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Brinybay said:
I deleted my post (along with the pics) since it seemed to revolt you so much. FYI, I don't wear a "Caesar". It doesn't even come close, my hair is straight, short, parted and combed to the sides and back. You need glasses and a few lessons in "vintage" manners! Men have feelings too, deary! :mad:

I was indeed using the plural and general "you". I was not speaking about your personal hairstyle, but the ceasar hairstyle worn by Julius & Augustus Ceasar, and George Clooney.

I did not mean to offend you, but since I have, I certainly appologise. I am truely sorry.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I'm in love with neat, clean looking pompadours. Greasiness is fine with me. My only pet peeve with pomps are if they are too high and silly looking, or don't work with a guy's face.

All colors are pretty much fine with me, but I have a weak spot for natural black hair. My boyfriend went through a phase that included a green mohawk. Not so hot, but I think I dealt well with it!

GwenLake

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:
I hate disney hair. it's the worst ever and every boy on that channel has this hair cut.

saturn07pic69.jpg

Yeah, I think the last program that the main boy had short hair was Phil of the Future.
Not terrific, but better than what they put on their stars now:

Phil-of-the-Future-tv-10.jpg

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
L'horreur! I think...Disney hair is what I have now....my awkward in-between too-thick hair~~~~~AHHHH!!!

No, but I do like a nice clean-cut man--there are times when the messy hair going every direction, but still short-ish, is GORGEOUS, but I do like the gelled in a pomp to the side, perhaps with one stray hair hanging over the eyes...the ones they pretend are natural but are planned to a T (my boyfriend's grandpa did that for years and it was so...swarthy!)

AND I HATE BEARDS. Scruff/Shadow, fine. But once it starts getting opaque then I get freaked out.

52Styleline

A-List Customer
Well I'm somewhat surprised at the lack of zeal for facial hair. I've worn a full beard much longer than many of you young ladies have been alive and I am quite partial to it. Of course at my age I have the luxury of not worrying a whit about impressing the fair sex so I guess I will keep my whiskers.lol

pgoat

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
I like healthy thick hair that isn't a mullet. I love dark hair and I love curly hair. A little grey is nice too.

saturn07pic69.jpg

ick! I saw this post at work today, then saw the same d-bag in a store window poster for "Hannah Montana". (open mouth, insert finger)

Brinybay

Practically Family
Miss Crisplock said:
I was indeed using the plural and general "you". I was not speaking about your personal hairstyle, but the ceasar hairstyle worn by Julius & Augustus Ceasar, and George Clooney.

I did not mean to offend you, but since I have, I certainly appologise. I am truely sorry.

Accepted. Friends?

Brinybay

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Well poo, I didn't get to see your picture! Put it back, pretty please? [huh]
Nikki

Well, ok. Another reason I deleted it was I don't like drawing attention to myself, but since the context is men's hair styles and facial hair, I'll put it back up.

I apologize for the quality of the pics, they're scans from past and present driver licenses (I keep my old ones). They were handy, all my good pics are tucked away somewhere.

I grew a mustache pretty much as soon as I could, around age 20. When I was 20, I looked 16, and it made my social life miserable. I had a "baby-face" and a small build for a guy. I felt the moustache gave me a more "mature" and "macho" look. It stayed until about 4 years ago. A job loss found me scouring job-hunting and interview articles and books. A few times the subject of facial hair came up. They all said get rid of it for the job hunt, grow it back later. So I did, but I never grew it back. It took some getting used to, being "naked", but now that I'm much older, I didn't feel I needed it anymore. Judging from some of the comments from the ladies here, maybe I should have ditched it a long time ago.

As far as my hair style, I've been fussing with it all these years and this is the way it grows. I have a natural part just right of center. I like my hair short, but it's so fine and almost baby-soft that I'm unable to wear it as short as I would like. I would love to have the type of hair that I could just run a comb through it, maybe not even that, and it's fine. Sorry, but I like GC's hair, at least as far as the length, except that I would comb it, no Caesar. But I don't like or understand the "just-got-out-of-bed" look some guys use (Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise).

gsg1982.jpg

July 2000
gsgfl.jpg

Oct 2004
kcidsmall.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Briny you are quite dashing with or without the stash! Ah... and I remember you from another thread now as you do have that Tombstone thing goin' on! Have I mentioned how much I love the men from Tomstone? Oh... let's not go into that! ;)

You have a splendid cowlick in front, much like my son's. Cowlicks are great and add a lot of character.
1573292554_c61730dbf5.jpg

I think that men having the ability to have or not have facial hair is sexy. I mean, they can't change their hair as much as we can... so they gotta have something to change their looks from time to time.
I surely don't like Sam Elliot without a stash tho! shakeshead
Nikki

Brinybay

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Mr. Briny you are quite dashing with or without the stash! Ah... and I remember you from another thread now as you do have that Tombstone thing goin' on! Have I mentioned how much I love the men from Tomstone? Oh... let's not go into that! ;)

Nikki

Ah shucks
blushing.gif

I forgot about that "Tombstone" pic. The patch wasn't there for very long.

two months in 1994:

c1994_95.jpg

Miss Roulette

New in Town
Short, neat and well groomed.

As for facial hair, my chap has been growing a handle bar moustache since early last year and I think it is rather splendid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW