Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"What Women Want Their Men to Wear"

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
It seems that they want this fellow:
smallwhitetrash0eu.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Stephen Stills on steroids.

All in all that was not as bad as I had expected. No mention was made at all of those ubiquitous giant-sized shorts and t-shirts we have had to witness for the last 15 years or so.
Maybe the Beavis and Butthead look is finally going away??? If so, I find this at least a little bit encouraging and a cause for gaurded optimism.

SWTroopers

Familiar Face
OK, that survey's full of malarkey! On one hand they imply a well dressed man must be gay and then go on to rate men in tuxedos highly. And then they go on and wish men would emulate Johnny Depp and George Clooney, both of whom are sharp dressers.

Did you also catch the 61% voting on the wearing of flip flops. Ug! No wonder I have such a hard time hitting on the younger ladies lol

Marc

'Pretty women walkin' with gorillas down my street'

Joe Jackson - he knew.

Funny, how most of the women that stop me on the street say, 'All men should dress like you.' Of course, they would never go out with me, but it seems they do want some acceptable man to dress like me.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Feraud

Bartender
Senator Jack said:
Funny, how most of the women that stop me on the street say, 'All men should dress like you.' Of course, they would never go out with me, but it seems they do want some acceptable man to dress like me.

Regards,

Senator Jack
Some would say women don't know what they want. ;)

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
Senator Jack said:
'Pretty women walkin' with gorillas down my street'

Joe Jackson - he knew.

Joe Jackson knew a helluva lot:

Okay, what you say
Tell me what they're wearing this year
Go on and laugh at me cause you don't see
That I got something going right here
Say I'm just a dreamer
Say I'm just a kid
Well ace, shut your face
Maybe you will see or hear

You gotta look sharp
You gotta look sharp
And you gotta have no illusions
Just keep going your way looking over your shoulder

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Hah! Good one Brad!
Of course we all know dames prefer a cat in a pin-striped double breasted suit over those no good fellas who don swimming pool attire all the time... right ladies?

For sure, if it came outta MSN it has to be nothing but horse feathers. (But then again, the tastes of the whole dang modern world is one big sack of horse feathers)

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
The flip flops strike again!!!!

From Said "Quiz," and I quote:

"6. When I see a guy in sandals, I think:

A. A simple flip-flop will do 61.3%

B. He's coming nowhere near my uterus 6.5%

C. He has sexy toes. I want to see 'em. 6.5%

D. Sandals haven't looked sexy on a man since they were worn by the Son of God 25.7%"

:eek:

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Damn, I am screwed.

Today I was wearing:

Chinos: scored 6.5%
Suede Bucks: 6.5%

And not wearing any Levis, white Ts, or sneakers (which are apparently chick magnets?)

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Well my experience shows that chicks go wacky for guys in khaki... uniforms that is.

The jeans quotient looks to work when they have the wide legs big cuffs and you are the only one in the vacinity wearing them, otherwise they look same old same old. I always go for the green eyed fly in the glass box full of red eyed flys technique and when at a hip hop club, stick with my suit and tie.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, and just imaging all the moaning, whining and complaining when Mr. Right shows up for the wedding or to meet Mummy & Daddums in blue jeans, T-shirt and flip-flops. And I'm sure she's really going to be ecstatic living on his gas station attendant wages, cleaning up all the empty beer cans and pork rind bags... And if she wants him in jeans & T-shirts...where's she going to borrow the button-down shirt that's her favorite thing to borrow from "her man." Wait...I know...she still considers Daddum's her man...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Nothing wrong with the T-shirt and dungarees look if a guy has the body for it, and he, you know, has actually done a bit of manual labor in his life. It's especially nice to see on a guy who's just finished mowing the lawn and cleaning out the garage, and is heading up to take a shower and put on something clean.

It's not a good look for posers, poolroom loafers or barflies, or those with fuzzy protruding bellies, legs shorter than the length of their torsos, and plumbers'-smiles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo