Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

greatestescaper

One of the Regulars
A leftover dinner for breakfast sort of morning. Last nights extra pork chop, which had been pan fried, sliced thin today, tossed with grilled onion and bell peppers, scrambled egg, and rice also fried in the skillet.

Once again, the Fading Fasts have failed in the basic function of keeping our kitchen stocked with food so my breakfast this morning has been handfuls of peanuts (Planters cocktail peanuts) while reading Fedora Lounge. Must buy food today.

green papaya

One Too Many
Johnny cakes with butter & maple syrup and sausage.

2016-03-06_101748.jpg 2016-03-06_084303.jpg

Last edited:
I had a banana and a cup of coffee. Pretty standard for a weekday but pretty sad for a Sunday.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I had a cup of coffee, an orange, and a banana with some peanut butter on it. I was gonna make a sandwich, but was out of bread.

Cream Nut Crunchy Peanut Butter on toast made from left-over sesame bread (so the seeds got toasted themselves which really takes the flavor up), as does the heat of the bread slightly melting the peanut butter.

Cream Nut is a new brand to the Fading Fasts and I was a bit skeptical when my girlfriend bought peanut butter that wasn't Peanut Butter & Co's Crunch Time Peanut Butter which has been our go-to brand for about ten or so years now. Cream Nut has that oil separation issue that Crunch Time doesn't, but Cream Nut might have a more intense peanut flavor (I think they roast them a bit more), but I'll need to do a side-by-side comparison to confirm. As is probably obvious, the FFs take our peanut butter seriously.

Cream Nut Crunchy Peanut Butter on toast made from left-over sesame bread (so the seeds got toasted themselves which really takes the flavor up), as does the heat of the bread slightly melting the peanut butter.

Cream Nut is a new brand to the Fading Fasts and I was a bit skeptical when my girlfriend bought peanut butter that wasn't Peanut Butter & Co's Crunch Time Peanut Butter which has been our go-to brand for about ten or so years now. Cream Nut has that oil separation issue that Crunch Time doesn't, but Cream Nut might have a more intense peanut flavor (I think they roast them a bit more), but I'll need to do a side-by-side comparison to confirm. As is probably obvious, the FFs take our peanut butter seriously.
The peanut butter & co. brand has several options available in a couple of stores down here. While I'll freely admit to not being the level of connoisseur as you, I do find that their dark chocolate variety makes a helluva good peanut butter and banana sandwich. I may have to swing by the store on the way home this evening....now that you've got me thinking about the stuff.

The peanut butter & co. brand has several options available in a couple of stores down here. While I'll freely admit to not being the level of connoisseur as you, I do find that their dark chocolate variety makes a helluva good peanut butter and banana sandwich. I may have to swing by the store on the way home this evening....now that you've got me thinking about the stuff.

Our staple is Crunch Time, but I also enjoy the maple one, the cinnamon one and both the white and dark chocolate ones. I just think of those as novelty spreads to be enjoyed occasionally; whereas, I might starve without regular peanut butter in the house.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
We're a Jiff family here.

Breakfast was quick and easy today as there was a lot going on...cereal all around. I didn't have anything.

^^^We were a Skippy family growing up and I still enjoy a good Skippy PB&J, but some of the newer peanut butters mentioned above are worth trying - to me they have a more intense and clean peanut taste - to see if you might like them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy