Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Mini chocolate donuts and an ice cold coca cola

Were you raised in my house unbeknownst to me? My mom did not cook, hated the morning and allowed me to have anything I wanted for breakfast as long as I didn't bother her. Hence, as any rational young boy would do, I ate cake, doughnuts, pastries and cookies for breakfast my entire childhood (except when I stayed at my grandmother and entered the freakish world of real breakfasts with juice, milk, eggs, toast, etc., but that only happened occasionally and she died when I was pretty young, so that was just a quirky interstice, now and then, between my sugar-fueled breakfasts).

Basically, any left over dessert was fair game. With those habits well established, breakfast for my four years of college was Drake's coffee cake (or similar vending machine sweet) washed down with a can of Coke or Pepsi (depending on which company had that college building's vending machine contract).

When queried about this, my mother's response - to this day (she's 86) - is "I noticed he didn't starve and has done okay in the world."

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Growing up, my dad and I would watch Saturday morning cartoons together while my mom slept in. On those days he would either make me toast (at my request) or, more often than not, he would go to the 7-11 and get me an Orange Crush and a package of powdered donuts. I've never been much of a breakfast person, but 9 times out of 10 it will be some kind of a sweet and a soda, since it reminds me of good times with my dad.

Love what your mom said. She sounds like a character!

A Nutter Butter Long John. It was quite tasty!
If that doesn't have Fading Fast all over it then I don't know what does.

I had sloppy Joes this morning. Made for some happy kids up in my house, although they probably would've been happier for butter butters.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had to Google it as I could put the words together, but had never seen one. Yup, I'm in.

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I had never seen one before. I stopped in at the 7-11, looked in the donut case, and there it was. The filling was a slightly salty, peanut butter cream, the top had the normal chocolate glaze, and there was a nutter butter decoration. How could I resist? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112