Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

I had never seen one before. I stopped in at the 7-11, looked in the donut case, and there it was. The filling was a slightly salty, peanut butter cream, the top had the normal chocolate glaze, and there was a nutter butter decoration. How could I resist? :)

I will be hitting my local 7-11 tomorrow to see if they carry them - I've notice not all 7-11's are the same.

Did they have it?

I went Tuesday around lunch to the closest-to-me 7-11, but it didn't have it and it was too busy with lunch biz for me to be "that guy" that asks annoying questions to a hassled staff.

So, my plan now is to go out early the next morning I'm not stuck in front of a computer screen for work and have some real time to search as there are four 7-11s within walking distance, so hopefully, one will have it.

However, while at the 7-11 on Tuesday, I did get one of my favorite packaged chocolate chip cookies:
b7a4d038-411e-4c64-af3a-4f8369686f74_1.7b7f4812fbf45a37170a53113a6e41c1.jpeg

So it wasn't a complete loss.

I had never seen one before. I stopped in at the 7-11, looked in the donut case, and there it was. The filling was a slightly salty, peanut butter cream, the top had the normal chocolate glaze, and there was a nutter butter decoration. How could I resist? :)

Okay, so after a failed effort to find one on Tuesday and a busy week preventing my second attempt, I made it out to a 7-11 late this morning and found the last two Nutter Butter long johns in the case (score!). You've never seen a skinny man open a plastic bag (those suckers are hard to open as the two sides seem united in some atomic bond), grab a wax sheet and deposit two doughnuts in a bag faster.

But it was worth it to get these:
IMG_5644.JPG

The good:
  • The visual - who doesn't want a doughnut with chocolate icing and a Nutter Butter on it?
  • The Nutter Butter cream filling was the best - salty and peanut buttery
  • While a bit soggy from its chocolate-icing bath, the Nutter Butter cookie was an enjoyable lagniappe

The not as good:
  • The doughnut itself was heavy, not light and airy or even store-bought okay; it was heavy and dense.
  • The Nutter Butter cream filling to doughnut ratio was too low / it needed more filling!
In sum, I'm a fan, but not buying season tickets. I'll have it again.

Vera - thank you for pointing it out, half the fun was hunting it down and talking about it with you guys.

Postscript: As I was putting one of the doughnuts on a plate, my girlfriend walked in, looked at it, looked at me, shook her head (in that how-is-this-my-life look that I'm quite familiar with) and with her eyes only asked, "what's that about?" When I told her its Fedora Lounge origin story, she remained unimpressed, but did toss this out as she left the room: "if it's any good, save me a bite."

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Yay! So glad you were able to snag some!

Much like you, I wouldn't say no to eating it again, but I'm not going out of my to find it, either. But it was fun to try!

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
Just checking - no chance you were adopted and that what you know of your birth parents are that they were from NJ, the man was physically big and tall - and was cranky (pretty much all the time) - and the woman was petite and hated cooking. I'm just thinking we might be siblings separated at birth. :)
lol! Well, my mom *is* from NJ, but she grew up in New York. We can still be siblings separated at birth though. ha! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points