Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Home fried potatoes with peppers and onions, and scrambled eggs, all topped with some leftover chili from dinner the other night.
Black coffee and a green smoothie. (pineapple, apple, mango, banana, spinach, wheatgrass, and spirulina....I feel so healthy)

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Busy week - no time / thought given to food shopping. It's a cold morning and I wanted to get some work out of the way, so no desire to go out and buy food. Hence, foraging in the kitchen. First discovery, we have no food and need to buy some. Second discovery, we have no bread or eggs, specifically, my go-to breakfast foods. Third discovery, we do have about ten packages of those sesame seed breadsticks (2 to a pack) you get when you order in from our local diner and thirty or more of those little butter packets (the plastic ones that are hard to open) they always throw in the bag.

One plus one equals a breakfast of breadsticks being used to scoop really cold butter out of those silly plastic containers. A couple of times the entire butter pat coming out in one piece (at which point, I just went with it and stuffed as much breadstick as I could in my mouth to keep the butter-to-breadstick ratio reasonable). Other times, the breadstick broke off in the butter container and some make shift rescue attempt was mounted. Far from the most satisfying breakfast, but I did find two oatmeal raison cookies when I was cleaning up which served as a nice breakfast dessert.

Note to self, must buy food.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yay, it's the first Sunday of the month. The truck stop at Farlington is turned over to a 1950's style diner like that in American Graffiti. First time we went there I nearly turned the car around and left, from the outside it looks so shabby, so glad we went in. So it will be the full English this morning:
Toast, baked beans, bacon, sausage, tomatoes, hash browns, eggs and anything else that they can squeeze onto the plate, plus a steaming mug full of coffee, or tea, if that's your poison, all for a fiver.

Certainly can't compete with GHT's breakfast. While reading and posting on Fedora, I've had a mug of hot chocolate and several handfuls of Planters Cocktail Peanuts. It's made for a pleasant morning and satisfying, albeit quirky, breakfast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch