Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I gave in and ate at Leonard's BBQ tonight. They have a buffett on Saturday night that includes catfish, BBQ, ribs, fried okra, smoked sausage, and other veggies. I'm sorry to say, I tried it all. And Tom, I used hot sauce on all of it. :)

ITA! Hot sauce & jalapenos are good for you. :nod:

They sure are. :p

spicy_peppers.jpg

"It's almost some form of culinary masochism - but in the summer when it's really hot, I love to punish myself by eating supremely spicy foods that make me sweat even more than I already am. My friends and family think I'm psycho. Of course, there is a completely logical, physiological reason why spicy foods are eaten when it's hot, but there are also other health and preventative reasons why spicy foods are good for you. Let's just take a look at those reasons so we can use them when we go for the Korean yook-gae-jahng in 100% humidity.
  • Cancer-fighting and cancer-prevention - A recent study shows that capsaicin can be used to fight pancreatic cancer. It slowed the growth of cancer cells and in some cases, even caused cancer cells to die off.
  • Alleviate inflammation - Arthritis and psoriasis are cause by nerve damage and cause pain on joints. Capsaicin supposedly helps to ease that pain.
  • Relieve chronic pain - In some cases,spicy foods containing capsaicin greatly reduced pain caused by headaches or osteoporosis.
  • Heart-health - Cayenne and chili peppers can help to reduce cholesterol. Additionally statistics show that cultures that eat spicy foods (e.g. some Asian countries) frequently have a much lower rate of heart attack and stroke.
So break out those jalapenos!"

dnjan

One Too Many
And banging your head into a wall can help forget the pain of a stubbed toe.

Is the pain being relieved or masked???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace