Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Roast Beef cooked in the pressure cooker, green beans with bacon and various seasonings, and potatos. Also made sauteed onions to go with it.
I chose the pressure cooker because the beef was frozen and that's the only appliance I have that will cook it in 2hrs or less without drying it out. :)

Flicka

One Too Many
Made a huge batch of meatballs on ground elk (you Americans would call it moose since you mean a different animal with 'elk'; one of those confusing British-American translation thingies), mixed with ground pork since elk is too lean to work on it's own. Put most of them in the freezer but had some for dinner with oven-baked butternut squash, parsnips, carrots and beetroots with a little cinnamon and nutmeg to go along. Really yummy.

ETA: afterwards I had a slice of parsnip cake that I made according to the recipe for a carrot cake but supplanted the carrot for parsnip. It was inspired by a long discussion I had on baking, experimenting and wartime cuisine with two friends when I was in London last week. Worked really well; no taste of parsnip but a little sweeter than carrot.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
And digitalis. :p
Maybe that comes in a "sprinkles" form, so he can put it on full cream ice cream. ;)
I tried to be healthy...TRIED.
Tonight it was pork chops brushed with olive oil, and seasoned with greek seasoning. I also had some seasoned corn, one of those new steamables from Green Giant. Has all sorts of stuff in it, not just corn. I didn't care, put hot sauce on that too. :)
BTW most of the meat I cook is in a NuWave oven, so it's not baked or fried, and most of the fat drips to the pan below.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Homemade chili rellenos with the last of the pasillas from the garden. Stuffed with goat cheese, fresh herbs, tomatillos (also from the garden). Served with corn tortillas.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Last night was 50-cent corn dogs from Sonic, and copious amounts of Halloween candy - specifically Dots & Twizzlers.

Tonight I'm making breaded chicken breasts, parmesan risotto, and some sort of veggie.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Last night was 50-cent corn dogs from Sonic, .

Of course the way I read this was "you made 50-cent hot dogs" and I was wondering "what would 50-cent know about hot dog recipes?" :)
I really need some sleep.

Tonight it was homemade tacos, no hotsauce Tom because I'm waiting on my antacid medication to arrive in the mail. I missed it too. :(

I had no spaghetti
Cause there's never any time
For supper to make ready
It was ages since I had a nice juicy steak
Besides, there was nothing in the larder despite looking harder
It seems that I'm never in the mood to cook or to bake
So it was a chicken sandwich combo
At the eatery I most heartily did partake

...Victor Columbus Brunswick

:p:D

Last edited:

Forum statistics