Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Flicka

One Too Many
OK Lolly..I think I may have it straight now. It seems there really is quite a difference between Australians..Americans...and for sure those nice Swedish people. :D
I'm getting ready to have some scrambled chicken eggs...hog bacon...wheat toast..and coffee.
Do you have chickens down under?..or is it Ostrich eggs for breakfast? What is your bacon made out of? What do you toast? English muffins? I suppose it's tea for breakfast.:coffee:
HD

(color)

Went to the farmer's market a while back and they had locally produced ostrich... Which is really good meat by the way, and sort of a vintage choice for me since they had an ostrich farm in the neighbourhood (with a U!) where I live around 1900 (but not for the meat, but for plumes for ladies' hats). But still not the first thing I'd connect Sweden with really.

Randomly, they have bear in my local supermarket - and a stuffed reindeer, marketing bread. Which reminds me; Rudolph, now that's yummy eating.

Went to the farmer's market a while back and they had locally produced ostrich... Which is really good meat by the way, and sort of a vintage choice for me since they had an ostrich farm in the neighbourhood (with a U!) where I live around 1900 (but not for the meat, but for plumes for ladies' hats). But still not the first thing I'd connect Sweden with really.

Randomly, they have bear in my local supermarket - and a stuffed reindeer, marketing bread. Which reminds me; Rudolph, now that's yummy eating.

We have small ostrich farms nearby,too,although I've never tasted it. Also small heards of farm raised American Buffalo(lean good meat). No bear meat in markets. Hasn't been bear in my state in a couple hundred years. WhiteTail deer are abundant and hunted each year..along with wild turkey..pheasant..quail..duck..and geese. Many small lakes for fresh water fishing. Bass..crappy..bluegill..catfish and some walleye mainly. No wild game is sold in markets unless the rare specialty store. No raindeer here except on Christmas Eve night.

We have small ostrich farms nearby,too,although I've never tasted it. Also small heards of farm raised American Buffalo(lean good meat). No bear meat in markets. Hasn't been bear in my state in a couple hundred years. WhiteTail deer are abundant and hunted each year..along with wild turkey..pheasant..quail..duck..and geese. Many small lakes for fresh water fishing. Bass..crappy..bluegill..catfish and some walleye mainly. No wild game is sold in markets unless the rare specialty store. No raindeer here except on Christmas Eve night.

How do Crappy taste? :p

Koalas aren't bears, they're marsupials. Oh and by the way, kangaroos are delicious. I will have a 'roo steak for dinner in the near future. Something like this
kangaroo_steak.jpg

It's a lovely colour, isn't it HoosierDaddy?

I think I would rather think of it as a bear rather than as a large rat---marsupial. :p It makes eating it much easier. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Out here they pronounce it the second way but I still pronounce it the first way. :p
Me too. :)
Never had them though, and don't intend to.
I had Bream (pronounced Brim down here) before, but it tasted really "fishy" to me.
Now I understand fish should taste like fish, I got that, but this was really strong.
Tonight it will be Catfish fillets with hushpuppies. I've never made hushpuppies but it can't be too hard. With half of them, I plan on adding corn and peppers.

Me too. :)
Never had them though, and don't intend to.
I had Bream (pronounced Brim down here) before, but it tasted really "fishy" to me.
Now I understand fish should taste like fish, I got that, but this was really strong.
Tonight it will be Catfish fillets with hushpuppies. I've never made hushpuppies but it can't be too hard. With half of them, I plan on adding corn and peppers.

And hot sauce. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh there was hotsauce. I have a 12oz bottle. Of course it's the same height at the Gatorade bottle I drink out of (reuse them a few times for tea, etc). I can't tell you how many times I've watched tv and grabbed the bottle, almost drinking out of it before I catch myself. :)
Since we did fries, I decided against hushpuppies. Too many carbs.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Last night we had mozzarella-stuffed meatballs and fettucine with marinara sauce.

Tonight, chicken with a white wine cream sauce. Probably brown rice and a veggie on the side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails