Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Another one that's good is Zatarains jambalaya. Again by adding a can of Italian-style diced tomatoes I managed to replicate the taste of the jambalaya served at the French Market in Disneyland's New Orleans Square which I always loved.

229995.jpg

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Since there no ice on the lake yet I still set a couple of nets two evenings a week so there's still a lot of fish on the menu here. I'll make fish soup to day from an old recipe from the fifties

RECIPE
1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
½ kilo of fish
2 ½ tablespoon of white flour
1 ½ litre of fish stock
1 egg yolk 1 dl. cream
2 tablespoons of tomato puree
100 gr. of shrimps
Finely chopped dill

Boil the fish in salted water. Cut the boiled meat into slices while you remove the bones. Make a fish stock with the fish bones and the heads. Heat the flour and butter in a saucepan and add the stock little by little, stirring all the time. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.

Add the fish and remove the saucepan from the heat when the fish is hot. Whip in the tomato puree, the egg yolk and the cream and serve immediately.

Sprinkle the filled soup plates with freshly chopped dill.

Peeled fresh tomatoes may be used instead of the tomato puree, but then these should be added together with the fish stock.

PS. Add the peeled chrimps just before serving if not they get soggy and loose their chewyness

Here's the picture from the recipe:
0146_fishsoup.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic