Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Send some scones here. :p
WE placed your order, sir. :D

I would like a cracklin scone,too..!!
You order has been placed, too. :D

Just no watermelon scone please.
:roll:

I will take a dozen bacon scones, please.
:D
We'll manage those, too. :D

Make that two dozen bacon cheese scones, please.
:D
Cheese?! :yucky:
I do NOT make those, sorry.. not palatable. lol

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Bacon-Scones

Ingredients
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 tablespoons cold butter
2 eggs
1/3 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided

Directions
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the onion, cheese and two-thirds of the bacon.
Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 7-1/2-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ah, no, no:

[size=+2]Cracklin scone[/size]

These little ones make all the difference:
im.gif

(Yes, we make our own) :D

dnjan

One Too Many
Toast with Butter

Not to belittle the ongoing bacon discussion (yes, I love bacon as well, and use bacon grease when I make popcorn), I was wondering if others share my delight with buttered toast.

I start out with Italian bread (home-made with a two-day rise and a small amount of sourdough starter along with the yeast to give just the slightest tang), sliced about a half-inch thick. Lightly toasted and then buttered (with salted butter) while hot so the butter melts in.

I know it ain't bacon, but it still has the essential ingredients of salt and animal fat, and is a lot quicker (and requires less cleanup than bacon) for an after-dinner snack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21