Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know it ain't bacon, but it still has the essential ingredients of salt and animal fat, and is a lot quicker (and requires less cleanup than bacon) for an after-dinner snack.

Bread + lard + ground paprika :thumb:

IMG_0385rdl.JPG

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I love real butter with a baguette. I don't much like Lard though. I had a Cherry pie, made by a Semi-Amish group (don't remember which group now), they made it with a lard crust (top and bottom). It kind of tasted like steak juice and cherry pie. Two great tastes that taste great together it wasn't.

Later Y'all

Hi

I love real butter with a baguette. I don't much like Lard though. I had a Cherry pie, made by a Semi-Amish group (don't remember which group now), they made it with a lard crust (top and bottom). It kind of tasted like steak juice and cherry pie. Two great tastes that taste great together it wasn't.

Later Y'all

Mennonites?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Burger with no bread, and pork skins...since we are talking about them.
A local brand here is really great. I've eaten their product for over 20yrs and never been disappointed.

Also marinating beef and chicken for fajitas tomorrow night, and thawing a 6lb beef brisket for Sunday. :)

Burger with no bread, and pork skins...since we are talking about them.
A local brand here is really great. I've eaten their product for over 20yrs and never been disappointed.

Also marinating beef and chicken for fajitas tomorrow night, and thawing a 6lb beef brisket for Sunday. :)

It wasn't a Bacon Burger though. Five or six strips of bacon would make it better. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
It wasn't a Bacon Burger though. Five or six strips of bacon would make it better. :p
I'm going to lose my Southern citizenship for this but, I don't have any bacon in the house. [huh]
The burger had some a-1 dry seasoning, with sharp cheddar cheese piled high.
No Tapatio hot sauce tonight, used too much last night and I'm trying to "cool off." :D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Just made a nice meal by accident! I ran out of bread, so I took a couple of floor tortilla and put some roast beef, Buffalo Monterey Jack cheese and some mustard, heated it up and had some ICB root bear, very tasty! Next time, I may make a sauce to smother it in, maybe cream of mushroom?

dnjan

One Too Many
Another way to consume bacon

BaconCandy.jpg

Bacon Candy Recipe:
INGREDIENTS

•1/2 cup brown sugar
•2 tablespoons maple syrup
•About 1/2 pound bacon

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
Mix together the brown sugar and maple syrup in a medium bowl; set aside.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the bacon strips side by side. Using a pastry brush, evenly coat both sides of the bacon with the sugar-syrup mixture. Cook until the bacon looks caramelized, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.

shamelessly lifted from Chow.com

BaconCandy.jpg

Bacon Candy Recipe:
INGREDIENTS

•1/2 cup brown sugar
•2 tablespoons maple syrup
•About 1/2 pound bacon

INSTRUCTIONS

Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
Mix together the brown sugar and maple syrup in a medium bowl; set aside.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and arrange the bacon strips side by side. Using a pastry brush, evenly coat both sides of the bacon with the sugar-syrup mixture. Cook until the bacon looks caramelized, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.

shamelessly lifted from Chow.com

Well, bacon is meat candy. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy