Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Breakfast..Lunch(lite meal)..Supper(big meal) here in Indiana.
Sunday 'Dinner' usually mid afternoon. Thanksgiving and Christmas 'dinner'(mid afternoon).

HD

That's the way it was with me. "Dinner" was around 2:00 (after church). When you ate dinner, there was no need for supper. You didn't eat again until breakfast the next morning.

Which brings up another non-sequitur...we typically ate chicken for Sunday Dinner, one that was alive when we left for church. I'm never plucking another chicken as long as I live. I'll eat dirt before I do that again.

dnjan

One Too Many
Which brings up another non-sequitur...we typically ate chicken for Sunday Dinner, one that was alive when we left for church. I'm never plucking another chicken as long as I live. I'll eat dirt before I do that again.
Yes, Sunday was almost always chicken. But we would butcher a half dozen or so at a time and put them in the freezer.
I did the initial "honors" and the bleeding, followed by the scalding. Then usually it was my dad, mom and I sitting around a tub that the feathers went into, each picking a chicken until they were all done. I singed them and mom gutted them. Dad wrapped them in butcher paper and put them in the freezer.
Can't imagine the hassle of heating the scalding water in the big pot, etc. every Sunday after coming home from church.

push-button-receive-bacon.png

..make this possible.. someone, please.. :D

Like this?:
8q9FTkAgwQ-6.png

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
What do you call lunch then? :p
Good question.
What's the chicken's name?

My grandparents (being Southern) called it the same thing, and DID eat a larger meal at noon than at night.
Since we both work, the wife and I eat a larger meal at night, but cut out a lot of carbs since we will be less active.
On the weekends, we do a large brunch, then nothing again till that evening.

Tonight it's Mexican chicken with queso, and green beans with BACON for James, along with garlic and smoked paprika for extra flavor.

Good question.
What's the chicken's name?

My grandparents (being Southern) called it the same thing, and DID eat a larger meal at noon than at night.
Since we both work, the wife and I eat a larger meal at night, but cut out a lot of carbs since we will be less active.
On the weekends, we do a large brunch, then nothing again till that evening.

Tonight it's Mexican chicken with queso, and green beans with BACON for James, along with garlic and smoked paprika for extra flavor.

The chicken's name is/was Stanley.

Green beans go great with bacon. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ