Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

I used to freeze them, but never tried the mallet thing, that sounds good. Especially if you were to take the shards and put them on ice cream.

I haven't tried those but I used to put regular Snickers bars in the freezer....then crack them to bits with a kitchen mallet..... and munch on the tasty shards of frozen goodness.....:cool:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Years ago, Oprah had a restaurant in Chicago called Eccentric. It was operated by a top flight restaurant group though it was funded by her. The only dish that she contributed to the menu was the most incredible mac & cheese that she said was from an old family recipe.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm guessing it's closed now?
Yes. It had a four or five year run but in truth it would have closed much, much sooner had she not poured in some serious TV $ in order to make it look like a respectable run. She probably pissed away twenty in the enterprise. I can imagine the browbeating she suffered at the hands of Jeff Jacobs every business quarter.

rue

Yes. It had a four or five year run but in truth it would have closed much, much sooner had she not poured in some serious TV $ in order to make it look like a respectable run. She probably pissed away twenty in the enterprise. I can imagine the browbeating she suffered at the hands of Jeff Jacobs every business quarter.
I can't imagine anyone browbeating her.... after all she has Oprah bucks :p

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I can't imagine anyone browbeating her.... after all she has Oprah bucks :p
Well, she knows that she probably wouldn't have all those bucks without him. He literally took her by the hand and walked her into the Forbes 500. He is #1 on her speed dial. ;)

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well it is past midnight, so on a technicality, I am planning beef stew for dinner tonight.

I start the stew with the usual potatoes, carrots, celery and portobello mushrooms... the stew meat I brown in red wine and then add. Season to taste.

Simple but delicious.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Just out of the oven......
6288511022_664ab45d8a_z.jpg

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Since it seems the rain will be pouring down all day to day I think I'll start making a large batch of Chicken a la King and freeze a few dinners for later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo