Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Sounds like a Chinese smorgasbord :)

Yeah..I'm kinda lost in a chinese restaurant. When I was working..I used to order out for fried rice...but most other items I need direction. Luckily my son knows the menues and eats Chinese out with friends. The Chicken Lo Mein with soft noodles was very good for my tastes! I asked him to get a couple different dishes so I could try something new. He picked a couple good ones. Almost got the sweet and sour as well..but I'm kinda picky about how that is prepared.

davidraphael

Practically Family
Thank you V.C. :)

It's called Maggikraut over here in Germany (because they say the flavour resembles the soup seasoning called Maggi. But I don't think it does at all).

Loveage comes from love-ache, ache being the medieval word for parsley, so 'love parsley'.

Apart from tasting great, it helps digestion and it can even be used as an antiseptic.

I love Chinese food, I guess because Australia is so close to Asia we are exposed to those influences a lot more than I guess you are HD. Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese food, it's all very yummy.

Probably more so Lolly...but there are actually alot of Asian restaurants near me. In the last 20 years or so they have multiplied in abundance. I'm just a big steak and potato guy. I have a secret place where I find the best cut of steak...and have a hard time changing things up on most occasions.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
When I do that I make up a lasagne with the left over bol.
I had a childhood friend whose mother was from the old country and she would always do that. She called it baked spaghetti. We liked it so much that she would just make it for us from scratch, without using leftovers. Theirs was the first household where I'd ever seen a wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano.:love:

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
I had a childhood friend whose mother was from the old country and she would always do that. She called it baked spaghetti. We liked it so much that she would just make it for us from scratch, without using leftovers. Theirs was the first household where I'd ever seen a wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano.:love:

I love childhood memories about food :)
I remember a school friend whose parents were Greek, she would bring cold pastissio for lunch. Everyone else would have boring peanut butter or vegemite sandwiches, she was always so embarrassed, she used to swap lunches. The first time I ate her lunch I remember thinking it was the most delicious thing I ever ate. Then there were other times when I would go to her place for family BBQs. Oh yum, I'm craving bbq'd octopus now......

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
We have a neighborhood restaurant that makes a heavenly calzone. I ordered three and am now fighting others to finish my one. I liken it to the big cats dining on the Serengeti....

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Saturday was:

el61br.png

Last night - beef stroganoff.

Tonight, probably spaghetti with meat sauce & a salad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112