Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
Made Meatballs, Mac 'n Cheese, and Cowboy Beans, which is various types of beans, bacon, hamburger, and onion. It's very good. I had my birthday party today, so I had a bunch of different goodies (besides the beer) for everyone who came.

My neighbor makes that Cowboy Beans dish and it is really good!

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I just had a nice plate of roast beef with all the trimmings, delivered by my pal, who has also kindly babysat my child and my kitten all weekend, while i was off at a weekender. 'Twas delicious! Especially as i didn't have to cook it!

I just had a nice plate of roast beef with all the trimmings, delivered by my pal, who has also kindly babysat my child and my kitten all weekend, while i was off at a weekender. 'Twas delicious! Especially as i didn't have to cook it!

That's the best kind of meal! ;)
I should know cause I eat out half the time. But because I generally have one meal a day it costs about the same as it does for me to cook at home. The supersize portions that many places serve are more than adequate so one meal is all I need.

Last edited:

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
I smoked a pork shoulder for pulled pork sandwiches and my wife made macaroni & cheese in the oven. Kind of a comfort food day!

rue

Yeah it's simple! It only took me about 20 minutes. You could do it!

Just saute the pine nuts until they're slightly brown in olive oil. Add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes until they're heated through, put it aside, make your pasta and throw it all together with the cheese.

Last edited:

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
It's only 4 ingredients VC!

Rue, I learnt this recipe from my mother inlaw. It's very simple, but cooking the rice in olive oil makes the layer of rice at the bottom of the pan brown & crispy. The rest of the rice is fluffy. The secret is to give the rice a good stir in the oil for a few minutes & not to stir the rice after you've added the water. Oh I use chicken stock & not plain water - much nicer.
http://www.food.com/recipe/egyptian-fried-rice-452889

Last edited:
I think what I meant by simple was a little less exotic fare. The last time I had something with goat cheese was at the restaurant alluded to in previous post.

Last edited:

rue

Rue, I learnt this recipe from my mother inlaw. It's very simple, but cooking the rice in olive oil makes the layer of rice at the bottom of the pan brown & crispy. The rest of the rice is fluffy. The secret is to give the rice a good stir in the oil for a few minutes & not to stir the rice after you've added the water. Oh I use chicken stock & not plain water - much nicer.
http://www.food.com/recipe/egyptian-fried-rice-452889

Thank you!! It's been added to my recipe folder with your additions :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner