Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Tonight was simple White Castle cheeseburgers. Unfortunately it was the packaged frozen kind, as the nearest White Castle restaurant is more than 100 miles from me (in Nashville). Still pretty darn good and almost equal to fresh-made. I nuke the whole box (six burgers) in the microwave for about 1.45 and they turn out perfect. A great no-muss, no fuss treat from freezer to table in two minutes. Plus my local supermarket has them on their "Pick Five for $20" items list, so at $4 a box that's about .66 cents a burger, which I think is about what you pay in the restaurants.

th

Into a dutch oven went...new potatos, carrots, an onion, some cloves of garlic, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and a couple of apples, topped with some hot Italian sausages. Roasted together about one and a half hour, til the sausages were nice and browned. Served with some sauerkraut and spicy mustard and a cold pilsner.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Into a dutch oven went...new potatos, carrots, an onion, some cloves of garlic, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and a couple of apples, topped with some hot Italian sausages. Roasted together about one and a half hour, til the sausages were nice and browned. Served with some sauerkraut and spicy mustard and a cold pilsner.

Sounds delicious. I'm gonna have to try this one.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
On tap for tonight at Crunk Manor: Four giant bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground chuck, bread crumbs, egg, onion soup mix, and rice, covered in spiced tomato sauce and cooked in the crockpot for about 6 hours. I'm already hunger and it's not even started yet.

Haversack

One Too Many
Tonight, Alfred's Steak House with wife and friends we haven't seen for a while: Negroni up to start, then Wedge Salad, Dry-aged Ribeye, and Creamed Spinach accompanied with an nice 2005 Rioja. Finished with Fried Cream and Coffee. Then a slow three mile walk home to let it settle.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
I'm trying to lose some weight so last night had rice cooked in Knorr vegetable broth topped with sabut dahl (curried lentils) and steamed kale.

On Saturday, I got stuck BBQing all kinds of stuff for a good part of the day. The father of my son's best friend corralled me for the job when he found out I liked to BBQ. :doh:

They had me BBQing steak, chicken, ribs, peppers, mushroom skewers and even kidneys?! Geez, some things I just don't want to BBQ. :p

On Saturday, I got stuck BBQing all kinds of stuff for a good part of the day. The father of my son's best friend corralled me for the job when he found out I liked to BBQ. :doh:

They had me BBQing steak, chicken, ribs, peppers, mushroom skewers and even kidneys?! Geez, some things I just don't want to BBQ. :p

Yeah, you lost me at kidneys. :puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24